Parcel Monkey.com claims is a joke!

Comments

• there was not a bit inside, yes from the images looks abit, but alot was taken out which is sitting ontop of the box now. i just wanted to take some images for evidence.

regards,

zahid
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You said that the printer was 3 months old.. I have just seen this -

They don't cover second hand goods.

90573904.jpg
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ah, I didn't feel this was going to end well. Well spotted fuzzgun.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Your claim is with Parcel Monkey as you have no contract with Fedex. Parcel Monkey can then choose to claim from Fedex if they wish to do so but this is their choice.

The above is correct and Fedex will ask for details of the packaging and proof of cost etc from Parcel Monkey. As above, all goods have to be new to qualify for additional liability.

I assume you did sign the POD as damaged or report within time limits etc?
  • I use parcel monkey for my business in the last 2 years, my business depends on it, I usually have 20 to 50 orders per week with them 95% of them get delivered by city link which I have to say I've never had any issues with damages, city link uses 1 guy in the same area which I am friends with and even have his mobile phone number each time parcels need collecting they handle them very well, however because its fedex I did experience poor handling with them before... but the packaging in your case is poor, the box looks very old and not strong enough it woul've needed one of those really strong boxes or even 2, along with foam edge secure and bubbled wrapping, this is the seller's fault not to pack it well, parcels cant be treated like first class titanic passangers no matter which company you use. my clients send their laptops always in strong post office boxes that were not used before and in in foam side protectors. it aint parcel monkey cause they're just the middle man in the office, you should've refused to sign for it when you saw the damage on the outside that way you can declare non receive and get your money back from paypal. if they said 8 weeks you cant blame them, look at terms and conditions besides cheaper isnt always the best.
  • phingers
    phingers Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I use parcel monkey for my business in the last 2 years, my business depends on it, I usually have 20 to 50 orders per week with them 95% of them get delivered by city link which I have to say I've never had any issues with damages, city link uses 1 guy in the same area which I am friends with and even have his mobile phone number each time parcels need collecting they handle them very well, however because its fedex I did experience poor handling with them before... but the packaging in your case is poor, the box looks very old and not strong enough it woul've needed one of those really strong boxes or even 2, along with foam edge secure and bubbled wrapping, this is the seller's fault not to pack it well, parcels cant be treated like first class titanic passangers no matter which company you use. my clients send their laptops always in strong post office boxes that were not used before and in in foam side protectors. it aint parcel monkey cause they're just the middle man in the office, you should've refused to sign for it when you saw the damage on the outside that way you can declare non receive and get your money back from paypal. if they said 8 weeks you cant blame them, look at terms and conditions besides cheaper isnt always the best.

Always nice of Parcel Monkey to take the trouble to post.

I have a superb story to tell about the idiots at Parcel Monkey but it will take a while to type it so I shall be back!

As a precurser, 2 months of hassle, an agreed refund but still no money.
    "It is far better I say nothing and let people think I am an idiot than to open my mouth and confirm it beyond any doubt."
  • Please be careful before you use parcel monkey. City Link failed to collect my parcel twice so I had to get a refund and re-organise a courier. The customer service with PM is terrible. It took me 2 weeks to get a refund and that was only after going through paypal.:mad:
    I wasted a lot of time and effort and will certainly not use them again.
    I find a lot of the positive reviews left for PM on a certain website hard to believe, but maybe that's just me.
    If you do need a refund and I guess quite a few of you will then i suggest that you go straight to paypal.
    Good luck.
  • Hi CrispyDuck,

First of all a big welcome to Money Saving Expert.

Could you please post your order number or email me some details of your claim as I would like to look into it.
    [EMAIL="matt@parcelmonkey.com"]matt@parcelmonkey.com[/EMAIL]

The positive reviews on a certain website posted recently are from genuine business users and we are more than happy to provide contact details for the website in question should they wish to look into them.

We asked them to post genuine comments on there as we felt too many were false and being created by rival companies.
    We can't prove this but to counter some of the negatives, and rather than make them up ourselves which would be childish, we approached regular customers to put forward their comments.
  • macfly
    macfly Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    And here is another happy customer. In a year I have only had one damaged item. That took months to sort out, but I ended up with full compensation. I think it depends on your local driver. Mine is excellent, nice guy and very reliable. As for customer service, costs are based on the number of personnel. I'm with Talktalk broadband, but know not to ring them. They are cheap, but don't invest much in customer service.
    £7 next day delivery? Bargain.
  • I wanted to cancel a delivery as I was not feeling well and the package required me to help the courier lift. I contacted the number given by PARCEL MONKEY for NightFreight (02380 number) the night before the arranged collection - no reply - ok fine it was close to 10pm. Contacted them again at 8.05am next day and had to listen to their annoying self gratifying adverts for a total of about 35mins before someone answered!!!!!!!! They then blamed problems with their phone system ...hhmmmmm. I had phoned another number earlier
    I had found on the internet (01992 474 100 - Hoddesdon) and got through in 5 rings I gave him my reference number and he said they had no record of it. Anyway the 35minute call wait receiver agreed to stop the driver coming out and she confirmed that the depot was Hoddesdon!!!:mad:.

Am now trying to get my refund from PM as the delivery was cancelled before the driver turned up. Have sent them an email and still waiting for a reply. NO CONTACT NUMBER in this day and age - PM that is poor beyond destitute!!!!! I also judge companies by how well they deal with situations when they go wrong not just when all is hunky dorry :mad:

The good thing is I paid for the service with Visa NOT Paypal so I have a chance to speak to my bank directly and get them to give me my money back for services not rendered hopefully - I have done this before and got my money back with other companies and have threatened to so so with My Hermes and got my money back from them directly. I am glad I didnt pay with Paypal now as it would have been even worse trying to sort out the refund. Paypal is cool for Ebay transactions but am noticing they are trying to branch out into other areas too - my advice is -
    If in doubt leave Paypal out, Visa n Mastercard have more clout, Ebay is big but consumers are bigger - dont give them the chance to mess with your nicker!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure