Top 10 Tesco Rewards Discussion

Comments

• A lot of people aren't too impressed with the latest Clubcard Exchange. I suppose we tend to forget that the usual offers, clothing, toys etc aren't what everyone wants. I'm glad you got something useful this time Daisy Bell.
  • I for one am very happy - I redeemed £40 of Tesco vouchers and got a £120 e-voucher for train tickets with Red Spotted Hanky. So a big THANK YOU for publishing your Top 10 Tesco Voucher Awards as I didn't know about that one and I was just about buy the tickets for £118!!

:T
  • maginot
    maginot Posts: 484
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Any wrote: »
    I am getting more and more disappointed with Airmiles... I changed a lot at the special offer and now cannot spend them as they stopped flying to many places..
    And the newish 50 miles for £2.50 is just ridiculous!! That means that going to zone 2 from anywhere but London you need £100 in Tesco vouchers, when you would be better off spending £100 in store and get Jet2 flights for less!!!:-)))

I agree with airmiles being rubbish, hotels, flights, euro tunnel are all really difficult to book on dates you want and then offer silly prices if you can get a date. They wanted 3000 miles and £140:rotfl: for 2 tickets to Paris, instead paid £70 for ferry!
  • Hi, what exactly does Tesco mean by "fine foods". Does it cover
    the food section or just certain foods??
  • Daisy_Bell
    Daisy_Bell Posts: 186 Forumite
    Lorganz wrote: »
    Hi, what exactly does Tesco mean by "fine foods". Does it cover the food section or just certain foods??

It means Tesco's own 'Finest' Brand - most of which foods in my opinion are far superior to most of the established so-called 'Brands'!

"Common Sense is really not so common!"
  • Hi, what exactly does Tesco mean by "fine foods". Does it cover
    the food section or just certain foods?? :beer:
  • Using my vouchers which had sat unused for a couple of years or maybe a bit more, I ended up being able to buy outright a diamond ring for my wife to replace her engagement ring which lost its tiny stone. A £350 ring for basically no work? :beer:
  • I ususally use my clubcard vouchers to buy RAC breakdown cover through the Tesco Deals. However this year I have free breakdown cover with my car insurance so I wondered what is the next best use of my clubcard vouchers.

Most of the top 10 deals are for things in England/Scotland/Wales and I don't want to buy something that I wouldn't be buying anyway (like the magazine subscriptions) as that would mean I wasn't making a saving.

Any suggestions? A friend in work has advised that the train ticket vouchers are valid for buying tickets on northern ireland's train service - translink. However, a return train to Belfast from my house is only £3.40 and I don't have cause to get the train very often (just at weekends ;-) - I cannot get to work by train or bus unfortunately). I have quite a lot of vouchers built up so train tickets alone aren't going to use them very quickly.
  • My last three big holidays have been crossing with Eurotunnel wholly paid by Tesco rewards. Last year we took the car and camped for a fortnight plus, down to the Med and back seeing family over there. This year we've replaced the old camper van and just come back from France and Germany. Brilliant.
    It pays to pick the cheaper crossings in a day also.
    And why do they charge more for a Camper than a Van when it's exactly the same vehicle e.g. a VW T4???
  • On the Tesco Rewards page it says

**Websites shown are for information only - rewards tokens cannot be used for internet bookings and are not valid on prices shown on the internet. ***

so does that mean when you ring to book the prices quoted are inflated above the website prices?

Anyone had the chance to compare prices when they booked?
    Fiscally responsible or just a tight git? : :confused:

Lincolnshire 3.0kWp REC panels SMA 2500HF Inverter East Facing with no shade
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure