PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Indesit Dishwasher - result blurred.

Hi
I inherited an Indesit 311 from the previous owners and have only used it 3 times. I have used sainsbury's tablets each time (so not branded).
The indesit isn't your typical pull out compartment and everything is marked clearly; after you open the door, on the inside of the door there is a sliding compartment where I've figured one would put the tablet in. I haven't a clue where the rinse aid or etc that ones puts would go.
I don't know if its because I don't use rinse aid etc. that this time round, all the glasses are blurred - really really cloudy.
Thanks for any tips on this :)

Customer0

Comments

• Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Some dishwashers are harder on glasses than others - and almost all glassware will get 'cloudy' eventually. However, 3 washes does seem very quick to get them that damaged.

No other thoughts, but I would try rinse aid just in case. If you live in a hard water area it might be an idea to use the dishwashing salt too.
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I used a cheap salt in mine once and the glasses never recovered.
    I've also read on other boards where people have used unbranded tablets/powder and have been unhappy with the results and gone back to a proprietary brand.
    When we bought our dishwasher from John Lewis, the assistant told us never to use anything other than 'Finish' in it, even though John Lewis have their own brand, he said that nothing else works as well.
    Have you tried Indesit to see if they have a spare booklet to show you how to use the compartments?
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    i've just remember........there's a little wheel in mine where you can set the amount of rinse aid that's delivered after the wash. I think that in a hard water area, you need more drops than in a soft one.
  • I recently bought Sainsbury liquid for the dishwasher as trying to cut back on the pennies & thought it cheaper than the tablets. Nightmare, made all my dishes & glasses cloudy, still the same after I washed again(thought I'd put in too much). I soaked everything in vinegar & also did a vinegar rinse on the dish washer. as that was covered in the stuff. Worked & all ok with everything now, cleaned the lot to sparking results. Now back to using tablets and they are cleaning fine.

Anyone else had problems with Sainsbury stuff?

Normally would rely on them for good products..

HTH

Perhaps we should call to complain??!!
    It's great in here! :)
  • Thanks everyone for your responses! :) I think I will be changing to a branded tablet now... ;)
  • daisydays
    daisydays Posts: 56 Forumite
    My glasses have blurred up too in the dishwasher - never used to in my last one. How do you remove the marks? Vinegar and amp? What is amp please?
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    daisydays wrote: »
    My glasses have blurred up too in the dishwasher - never used to in my last one. How do you remove the marks? Vinegar and amp? What is amp please?

amp refers to ampersand or the "&" symbol. I've noticed it does this on some of the older posts.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have tried most of the cheap tablets and always enede up going back to Finish ones as with the cheaper ones they just don't seem to clean as well. Normally I keep an eye out and buy them when they are on offer. At least with the finish 3 in 1 ones you do not need rinseaid or salt so that cost is reduced
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    I currently use finish, fairy gowergel or lidl. Lidl work well on an intensive wash for pots etc and they work out cheaper too! Still Finish is good for glasses and fairy dries better. I suppose you get what you pay for on these but I also use vinegar as a rinse aid and that keeps the blurs away!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • Aless
    Aless Posts: 127 Forumite
    We had cloudy glasses for years in various dishwashers and we have always used finish tablets. 6 months ago we added dishwasher salt for the first time and the cloudiness went never to return. We had always used the tablets that say they have salt in but when we added salt separately we got rid of the problem.

We have never used rinse aid.

I really recommend trying salt for a week or two.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure