Christmas Benefits due...?

OH gets INCAP and DLA. Was just wondering when they will be paid over the festive season as one is due on Dec 24th and other is due Dec 25th...

Do they pay double on the previous one or pay it in the last banking day before Crimbo? Just so we can manage our money. not gonna phone the 0845 number as you're on hold for 7 weeks...

Comments

• colin13
    colin13 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    If you are paid WEEKLY – 2 payments will be made on 19.12.08 (which will pay you up to 4.1.09)
    If you are paid 2 WEEKLY – 1 payment will be made on 19.12.08 (which will pay you up to 29.12.08)
  • Incap is every two weeks and DLA is every 4 weeks.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    I always thought that if you get paid on a bank holiday you will get the cash on the last banking day before - Xmas Eve and NYE
  • they used to pay double but since most of it now goes into bank accounts they seem to have stopped doing that and now pay a couple of days early e.g. if due on xmas day they will probably pay on the 23rd
  • Can I just please check on my Payment dates please.

I am Due to get paid my Incap Benefit on Wednesday 24th Dec(Christmas Eve) and also a week later on 31st Dec(New years eve) again for Incap Benefit as I get that Weekly so will they go into bank on the Normal days?

Also Due to get DLA on Tuesday 23rd Dec will that be a Normal Payday??

any Help please.
  • Monies due on 24/25 will be paid on 23rd.
  • Here is the link with all the details (Child tax credit might be early as well if payment due on certain dates)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_173442

Benefit and State Pension date changes

Below are the date changes to benefits and State Pension:
    • payments due on Wednesday 24, Thursday 25, and Friday 26 December 2008 will be paid on Tuesday 23 December 2008
    • payments due on Thursday 1 January 2009 will be paid on Wednesday 31 December 2008
    Tax Credits and Child Benefit payments over Christmas

Tax Credits

If you get Tax Credits, your payments may be paid a little earlier than usual over Christmas and New Year.

Payment dates that are affected:
    • if your payment is due to be paid into your account on Thursday 25 December, Friday 26 December or Monday 29 December, it will be paid into your account on Wednesday 24 December instead
    • if your payment is due to be paid into your account on Wednesday 31 December 2008, Thursday 1 January or Friday 2 January 2009, it will be paid into your account on Tuesday 30 December 2008 instead
    Child Benefit

Payments for Child Benefit will not be affected over the Christmas period. You will receive your Child Benefit payment on the same day as you usually do.
    Personal Challenge - Debt Free Debt: Loan £[STRIKE]995[/STRIKE][STRIKE]858[/STRIKE] )!, credit card[STRIKE] 2500 [/STRIKE] £900
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse. [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

[/FONT]
  • jox_2
    jox_2 Posts: 138 Forumite
    mine was due monday 22nd wasnt in there they said its due wednesday the 24th i hope its in tomorow as have no money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure