Fireworks - Morrisons

These seem to be good offers - anyone bought fireworks from morrisons before? Are they any good?

Main-offer-update.gif

Fireworks-Small-Offers-2.gifSmall-Offer-1.gif

Pictures from http://www.morrisons.co.uk/1754.asp
Thanks

Jake

Comments

• IClaudius
    IClaudius Posts: 1,531 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi ,check out this thread for Lidl

I have bought Morrison's every year but the found the mixed boxes to be a bit disappointing and the Rockets whilst ok could be a bit more impressive colour wise.
    The Lidl rockets I've just bought are huge and look like they'll give a much better display.
    "Sumptus censum ne superet"

Mental blocks are just hurdles to overcome in life.

Yeah..whatever :rolleyes:
  • Had fireworks selection box from Morrisons a couple years ago, same brand as they have now, Dynasty. Didn't have any complaints about them myself, were all quite decent. Those seem like not bad deals considering most are buy 1 get 1 free. Shop around though before you buy anything.

Thanks for posting :)
  • hi123
    hi123 Posts: 269 Forumite
    hi
    last year we mixed the lot from morrisons and lidl,were fine from both
    sparklers were better at morrisons
    small packs purple moon at lidl are good for the price,so are their rockets
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    We got the Black Nebula pack and the big rockets from Lidl this morning and they look great. Can't wait to let them off now :D
    Here I go again on my own....
  • jaygrunt
    jaygrunt Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    IClaudius wrote:
    Hi ,check out this thread for Lidl

I have bought Morrison's every year but the found the mixed boxes to be a bit disappointing and the Rockets whilst ok could be a bit more impressive colour wise.
    The Lidl rockets I've just bought are huge and look like they'll give a much better display.

I will also say that the Lidl ones (the big black ones) are flipping(being nice) brilliant - well worth the money!!!
    Then again I love the rockets!:D :D:D:D
    Just a big kid at heart;)
    If you dont ask you dont get!!
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aldi are showing what look like some good deals as well:

http://uk.aldi.com/index.html

(click on the further details bit under the fireworks for more)
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Becles wrote:
    We got the Black Nebula pack and the big rockets from Lidl this morning and they look great. Can't wait to let them off now :D

Can I ask the price, won't be able to go to a display this year, so looking for the best option at home.
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    rainbow storm from lidl and big rockets !!! Brilliant weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • Hi there, hope everyone is ok.
    I just wanted to add that the co-op are also doing fireworks for B.O.G.O.F. on selected lines.
    There are some good one's and i'll be buying some for my little ones.
    Going all out this year with a little 'bona', pan of broth nd a little firework display.
    Take care.

David
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for posting but I would suggest NO ONE to get this. Its a ripoff seeing the great prices in lidl or Aldi. I would suggest to go with Lidl coz of my experience with them, which is they are Great!
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure