Best Tissues for a Sore Nose?

Ive got a lovely cold at the moment and my nose is like a tap, from all the sneezing and rubbing, its also gone a nice shade of red and my 30p Sainbury's own brand seem to be making it worse.

Which are the best tissues out there to help a sore nose :confused:
:j Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus :j

Comments

• pboae
    pboae Posts: 2,719 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Kleenex Balsam (balsalm??), I keep trying other brands, but nothing comes close to those ones. They are worth the extra pennies.

Also look out for a product called 'happinose' it's like vaseline/chapstick for your nose. I am addicted to it!
    When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    pboae wrote:
    Kleenex Balsam (balsalm??), I keep trying other brands, but nothing comes close to those ones. They are worth the extra pennies.

Also look out for a product called 'happinose' it's like vaseline/chapstick for your nose. I am addicted to it!

Hello KizzyK

I agree with pboae, the Kleenex Balsam tissues are fabulous. Even if you start using them after developing a sore/red nose.............they work fast to restore your nose to normal.;)

I haven't tried them myself but a money saving option is the cheaper Asda version of these tissues. The prices in Asda are:

Kleenex Balsam regular tissues 90s are £1.75
    Asda Ultra Soft & Strong balm tissues regular 90s are £1.00

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    While you're waiting to nip out and buy the Balsam tissues (which I also recommend!) try using kitchen towel - it's better than 'normal' tissues I find.

Also a dab of Vaseline round your nostrils can help. Greasy but effective!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • KizzyK_2
    KizzyK_2 Posts: 993 Forumite
    Thanks everyone - my nose is feeling better already :)
    :j Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus :j

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm sure these are just as good..

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1002411&classificationid=1024482

(Buy one, get one free)

Get well soon :D
  • krishna
    krishna Posts: 818 Forumite
    handkerchief or piece of soft rag will work better than any tissue. And cheaper too.
  • slinks
    slinks Posts: 698 Forumite
    after years of colds giving me dry-flaky-nose-syndrome i tried something so obvious... every time before i blew my nose i smothered my nose in moisturiser and then again after i blew it! i don't know if it's the one i use (simple) but it works a treat :)
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I love Happynose! its a lovely menthol soothing balm you apply after you have blown your nose - it lasts ages - I bought mine about 2 years ago and I still have loads left (I suppose I should throw it out though due to expiry dates etc...:confused: )
  • Another vote for Happinose here :j .

We keep it in the fridge :confused: . It's soooo soothing if you have a sore nose.

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • I normally use any value brand tissues on a daily basis but when I have a cold I treat myself to one of the balsam boxes. Doesn't matter which one, any I've tried has stopped my nose from getting sore.

Hope OP feels better soon :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport