PPPay.com - Is it A Scam?

Wondered if anyone had used PPPay.com? If so, how was the experience and is it a scam? I cannot find anything on a google search but it seems to be closely linked with ebid.net and I do not know them either!
Many thanks.

Comments

• odd, ive just got about 36,600 results for PPPay.com, hmm
    Tescos latest enemy.........
  • rtX wrote: »
    Wondered if anyone had used PPPay.com? If so, how was the experience and is it a scam? I cannot find anything on a google search but it seems to be closely linked with ebid.net and I do not know them either!
    Many thanks.

Of course you dont :confused:
  • rtX_2
    rtX_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rtX wrote: »

I am certain that the sarcasm of those who responded to my original post has its audience. For the sake of clarity, I was asking about people's experience of PPPay.com and whether they had had any problems with them. I have only used PayPal and Google Checkout previously. I wanted to know if PPPay is a scam. I could not find anything suggesting it was a scam when I did a Google search (as I said in my original post), and although I did not record how many hits there were when I searched on the name (apparently "36,600"), I did bother going to the first fifteen or so pages and many of them were to ebid.net who I had not heard of (I use ebay), or were links to "news" sites I did not know either. I searched the BBC website and got no hits at all. Whether you choose to believe me or not, is your choice and is more a reflection of your cynicism than of my integrity. However, I do know this: If I was asked on a forum about something about which I know, by someone who has clearly less knowledge, I would not immediately assume that they were either disingenuous or stupid, and would in the first instance try and help them rather than ridicule them. And incidentally, someone elsewhere did just that, and I am now more enlightened about both PPPay.com and ebid.net. I would encourage you to consider what has put you in a place where you are unable to respond helpfully to what may just be a naive posting.
  • rtX,
    You probably answered your own question by posting OP, and your own gut reaction. Surely if you think something is a scam, it is better to err on the side of caution, and not get involved with that site.
  • rtX_2
    rtX_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think what you say is largely correct. However, many of the money saving tips on this very site seem too good to be true, and if I did not make the effort to enlighten myself about them, I could very easily end up spending a great deal more than necessary. The reason I was checking out PPPay.com was because I was planning to bid on a computer system on ebay (the price of which I suspected was too good to be true) - I wanted to use the escrow facility that PPPay offer because it is much cheaper than ebay's recommended service, escrow.com. However, the seller was not prepared to use any escrow service at all: I did not bid. I hope the winner does not get ripped off. Thanks for responding.
  • I find myself in the same situation trying to see if pppay is legitimate or not. You state the you have been advised of details concerning pppay and I would be grateful if you would share this information. I for one would appreciate it, thanks
  • i have bin using them pppay.com for about two years there not a scam but just like paypal but dont close your account on you and take you money becouse you payed for somthing that they see as somthing they dont want you to buy like paypal do, so all in all id say they are better than paypal and charge less as well there a few webiste that sell with pppay and iv not bin ripped of buy the website or pppay in two years but i wouldnt use pppay or paypal to buy somthing of just some one ells like some selling on a ebay or ebid auction as the seller can rip you off with any peyment system so i only use pppay or paypal on websites that use them to sell as they are companies that have addresses so you can sue if you did get ripped off
  • Hi, I have used Ebid auctions for many years, they are not as well known as Ebay but it is a much friendlier site and you can get better bargains as there is not as much competition for the goods.

In eight years of using the site I have only had one bad transaction, compared to the hassle you can get on Ebay, this is bliss.

I opened a PPPay account as many of their sellers use this method of payment. It is just like Paypal and I have not had any problems with it.

Hope this helps
  • csnann
    csnann Posts: 468 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have used PPPay for my Ebid sales for about 4 years, they are safe and reliable.
  • lucid2008
    lucid2008 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Lot of 1 post members on this thread very dubious
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills