Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• howcanitbe
    Options
    Having just read the comments about Yodel, I think I could have written many of them myself. Having ordered some items on a shop's website in the store itself, I was delighted to find that the same evening I had an email from them notifying me that the goods had been dispatched and were in one of Yodel's warehouses. Great service!
    Yodel delivered unannounced on a Sunday morning whilst we were out but left a card explaining how to reschedule the delivery. I did this on their automated phone service for the day after, Monday. I was informed that the delivery would be between 7am and 7pm! They also asked for permission to save my phone number to which I agreed. I waited on the Monday- no show.
    The next day, I rang the particular warehouse and was met with a frosty comment saying I should have used the automated service. When I asked about the delivery, I was told that it was in the van and en route. Asked if the driver would give me a call, I was told that the company did not issue company mobile phones and that the driver in question always had his own switched off thus rendering him incommunicado. It seems strange that they asked for my number and then never used it to contact me.
    I am still waiting for our goods. It's only a day and a half late but we'll see! If my very brief encounter with Yodel is representative of their overall performance......well! I have made my feelings clear about them to the shop who is using them to deliver its goods. What they do about it is up to them of course. I know what I would do.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's your chance to feedback elsewhere and perhaps raise the profile ....

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2070962/Surge-online-Christmas-shopping-triggers-warning-delivery-chaos.html

Bear in mind Yodel's broken promises were evident well before the Xmas rush.
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 December 2011 at 4:14PM
    Options
    City Link now top my list of cr*p couriers.

Missed a delivery yesterday. Went online to reschedule. I am off work on Tuesday so wanted to rearrange for then. It only offered me Thursday, Friday or Monday. I phoned them up and asked if they could rearrange for Tuesday. "No, because after five days it will be returned to sender." Can you leave it in a safe place then? "No". Can you leave it with my neighbour? "No."

They told me to collect. Depot is 75 mins away - a two and a half hour round trip.

City Link then tell me that I should speak to the shop I ordered from as the shop can authorize them to redeliver on Tuesday.

How does that make sense? At least Parcel Force, Royal Mail and Yodel give you more than just three days as options when it comes to redelivery.

Ho hum, will speak to the shop today.

EDIT: Shop has sorted it - redelivery on Tuesday.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    City Link now top my list of cr*p couriers.

Missed a delivery yesterday. Went online to reschedule. I am off work on Tuesday so wanted to rearrange for then. It only offered me Thursday, Friday or Monday. I phoned them up and asked if they could rearrange for Tuesday. "No, because after five days it will be returned to sender." Can you leave it in a safe place then? "No". Can you leave it with my neighbour? "No."

They told me to collect. Depot is 75 mins away - a two and a half hour round trip.

City Link then tell me that I should speak to the shop I ordered from as the shop can authorize them to redeliver on Tuesday.

How does that make sense? At least Parcel Force, Royal Mail and Yodel give you more than just three days as options when it comes to redelivery.

Ho hum, will speak to the shop today.

because thats the contract terms the sender has set
  • Jo_Mc_2
    Jo_Mc_2 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have two parcels which have been out for delivery with Yodel since 3.51am on Monday morning and there's no sign of them yet....
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    howcanitbe wrote: »
    Having just read the comments about Yodel, I think I could have written many of them myself. Having ordered some items on a shop's website in the store itself, I was delighted to find that the same evening I had an email from them notifying me that the goods had been dispatched and were in one of Yodel's warehouses. Great service!
    Yodel delivered unannounced on a Sunday morning whilst we were out but left a card explaining how to reschedule the delivery. I did this on their automated phone service for the day after, Monday. I was informed that the delivery would be between 7am and 7pm! They also asked for permission to save my phone number to which I agreed. I waited on the Monday- no show.
    The next day, I rang the particular warehouse and was met with a frosty comment saying I should have used the automated service. When I asked about the delivery, I was told that it was in the van and en route. Asked if the driver would give me a call, I was told that the company did not issue company mobile phones and that the driver in question always had his own switched off thus rendering him incommunicado. It seems strange that they asked for my number and then never used it to contact me.
    I am still waiting for our goods. It's only a day and a half late but we'll see! If my very brief encounter with Yodel is representative of their overall performance......well! I have made my feelings clear about them to the shop who is using them to deliver its goods. What they do about it is up to them of course. I know what I would do.

We are not issued with a company phone and the idea that I would have to preadvise the people I am delivering to is totally impractical.I have been delivering 200+ parcels a day and to call even half of those would take at least an hour-time in which I should be delivering parcels.To pay clerical staff to do it would require an extra member of staff for every 4-5 drivers.This is never going to happen as it would be hugely expensive.
    Unless you have paid for a timed delivery slot(3 hour windows eg 7-10,8-11 etc) then 7am-7pm is as good a guess as the person on the phone will be able to give you.
    Your goods were attempted on sunday, so technicly not late through any fault of Yodel.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We are not issued with a company phone and the idea that I would have to preadvise the people I am delivering to is totally impractical.I have been delivering 200+ parcels a day and to call even half of those would take at least an hour-time in which I should be delivering parcels.To pay clerical staff to do it would require an extra member of staff for every 4-5 drivers.This is never going to happen as it would be hugely expensive.
    Unless you have paid for a timed delivery slot(3 hour windows eg 7-10,8-11 etc) then 7am-7pm is as good a guess as the person on the phone will be able to give you.

And yet DPD manage to do it - you get a 2 hour slot as part of the standard service. And it can't be that difficult (or expensive) to achieve, or Amazon wouldn't be using DPD.

Feedback to Amazon has, I gather, been excellent for DPD, reasonable for CityLink - but awful for Yodel. It won't take Amazon too long to decide what to do - they really do NOT like hacking off their customers.
  • Pipeorgandude
    Options
    I've been waiting for a parcel from Dabs.com, since Friday 2nd December. Delivery time 2 to 3 days.
    There was no delivery. There parcel tracking system says "No one to receive, card left".
    We were home all day and the letter box was empty. I conclude that there was no attempt at all to make the delivery. A phone call to Yodelay raised a pleasant lady who re-booked the delivery for Tuesday 6th. Apparently it was not possible to deliver on Monday. Well, it's 8th December now, still nothing.
    Dabs said they would chase it up, but I've had no feedback.
    Dabs sent a satisfaction survey by email so I started to complete it. It must have a negativity detector in the software, as when I got to the final page, the "Close Window" button wouldn't work.:T
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well I had some books sent via Yodel 36 hours ago and still waiting for tracking to kick in!
  • QuackQuack_2
    Options
    It seems that people get different levels of service from Yodal. Littlewoods seem to get good service from them. Europarts seem to get good service from them. However, in the last few days I've been waiting for something sent from about 40 miles away and trusted to Yodal. The tracking shows it taking from Friday to yesterday to travel between two depots. Not bad for a 24 hour service.......

Jury is out, but early signs are not good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure