PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Storage Insurance?

2»

Comments

• out of interest, has anyone ever made contact with insurastore ? do they avoid anyone who wants to insure anything over a certain amount ?? or in my case, completely ignore them.
    :grouphug:

no wonder he has a smile on his face...
  • in case anyone is actually reading this, i ended up using an insurance broker who got me insurance for less than half the price insurastore claim to cost on their site, plus i got additional insurance as part of the deal.

so my advice would be speak to an insurance broker to see what deal they can find you rather than use these cowboys for insuring the contents of your storage unit.

• I have to say, I have had totally the opposite experience. Insurastore have been nothing but helpful and polite and responded to emails the same day. I even phoned them and found the person to be very helpful...he actually told me how to get a better deal on storage.

I guess everyone’s experience is different. Intresting about the broker though.
  • NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    In the first storage place I had More Than covered me for stuff in storage and at my new place, in effect splitting the policy....
  • fair enough pennydrop, tho your probably overpaying but about twice the amount you should be paying.

i'm shocked you got a response from an email tho...

• call me cynical but all of pennydrops posts seem to either be recommending insurastore or slagging off big yellow...
  • i didn't want to say anything, but i did have my suspicion's when i saw the post count.

trust me, i emailed insurastore 3 times and got no reply at all.

• Think what you like. It is something I felt others should know as I saved a lot of money as a result. When I find something else that hasn't already been reported on this site I will talk about that.

Thanks for the vote of support!
  • fair do's, you must have been paying a small fortune before tho. i would seriously think about contacting an insurance broker to see what they can find you.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family