IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    You need to make the judge fully aware of this and that you haven't ignored them at all. It is important that you not bullied over this!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    I am starting to think our pet troll is an employee of Pannone
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:01AM
    OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • No its their new technique to protect their revenue. They're trying to set some sort of new standard in PPC desperation. The thing is, if this really is legitimate and they really won that amount in that other case then this will have serious implications for other PPCs and its going to scare the **** out of many motorists who would otherwise ignore postal correspondance.

What seems odd to me about all of this is that there doesn't seem to be any independent confirmation of this case and the outcome. I hope its all a load of cobblers myself as I take the mick routinely at a few local PPC car parks (never got a ticket yet).
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    No its their new technique to protect their revenue. They're trying to set some sort of new standard in PPC desperation. The thing is, if this really is legitimate and they really won that amount in that other case then this will have serious implications for other PPCs and its going to scare the **** out of many motorists who would otherwise ignore postal correspondance.

What seems odd to me about all of this is that there doesn't seem to be any independent confirmation of this case and the outcome. I hope its all a load of cobblers myself as I take the mick routinely at a few local PPC car parks (never got a ticket yet).

According to a respected regular on Pepipoo the Court have confirmed the case went ahead and PE/Panone were represented by Counsel ...no other details though.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:01AM

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sirdan
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Everything points towards the Hossain case being a set-up, partly because a genuine poster would have gone straight back on pepipoo and screamed 'help'! if they had lost like that after posting there & getting a defence.

Also because of the timing - July till now is a VERY short time to get to Court. It's a strange fast-track case with a ridiculous amount of costs claimed.

Now this can all be achieved by a PPC with a set-up 'patsy' prepared to go through a sham Small Claim case - like some sort of show-trial! BAsically although judgment may have been given, the patsy never has to pay anything and the PPC could probably have already agreed to pay a certain sum to the barrister for showing up.

I think the Court has been hoodwinked here - this is NOT what Courts are for, to be used as a method of advertising the 'PPC cause' and scare-tactics to other newbies. It's very cheap advertising for Parking Eye if this is what they have done. But they've been sussed.

I think that is a distinct possibility...but the evidence is only circumstantial...the most telling "pointer" is the PPC poster's staunch refusal to post any actual details plus their assertion that Alexis had provided a "defence bundle" which he has no recollection of doing ..I think we know who to believe there !
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Everything points towards the Hossain case being a set-up, partly because a genuine poster would have gone straight back on pepipoo and screamed 'help'! if they had lost like that after posting there & getting a defence. He also did not post just before the Court case did he - whereas real posters do ask for last-minute tips & advice, usually the day before.

Also because of the timing - July till now is a VERY short time to get to Court. It's a strange fast-track case with a ridiculous amount of costs claimed.

Now this can all be achieved by a PPC with a set-up 'patsy' prepared to go through a sham Small Claim case - like some sort of show-trial! If that's the case then although judgment may have been given, the patsy never has to pay anything - the PPC just 'says' that it has been settled. And any PPC trying this trick would probably have already agreed to pay a certain sum to the barrister for showing up. If the Court process involves payment being made through the Court then the 'players' here just pass the money around like pass the parcel. Easy-peasy.

I think the Court has been hoodwinked here - this is NOT what Courts are for, to be used as a method of advertising the 'PPC cause' and as shock-tactics to other newbies on these forums. It's very cheap 'advertising' for Parking Eye if this is what they have done. But they've been sussed.

If anyone ever did lose a PPC case GENUINELY with outrageous costs like that then obviously it would be a no-brainer that you would appeal the decision!

I was thinking that earlier today myself but didn't want to post it as I thought i'd get accused of being a conspiracist. I have to agree with you though, I think this is almost certainly whats gone on as there doesn't seem to be any logic to the defendant. All we know is he turned up and PE won the case and instead of the defendant posting about it we're seeing the trolls bragging about it.

I just hope it doesn't spur on a new wave of legitimate claims by the other PPCs who are taken in by it.
  • Everything about this case screams set-up,or at the very least extreme cherry picking that will have no implication or relevance for any other case, even if it was setting a precedent which it is not. Parking in front of a loading bay thereby presumably preventing the company from doing business, obtaining multiple invoices - if you wanted to design a pet case this would be how you would do it.

However much Parking Eye try to use the case to spread FUD, which is pretty inevitable whether the case is genuine or not, the fact is that large scale litigation is simply not practicable or cost effective. Now if Parking Eye was able to get a decision in a court of record on a more typical invoice situation - staying 10 minutes over some arbitrary limit imposed by unreadable signs etc - this would be newsworthy and dangerous. As it is Parking Eye is simply trying too hard and it all sparks of desperation. What kind of company would send trolls to consumer boards to try to trumpet a court case? Perhaps the same one that would stoop to setting up bogus online forums that try to pretend that their invoices are 100% enforcable.
  • Sirdan
    I was thinking that earlier today myself but didn't want to post it as I thought i'd get accused of being a conspiracist. I have to agree with you though, I think this is almost certainly whats gone on as there doesn't seem to be any logic to the defendant. All we know is he turned up and PE won the case and instead of the defendant posting about it we're seeing the trolls bragging about it.

I just hope it doesn't spur on a new wave of legitimate claims by the other PPCs who are taken in by it.

Several references in his Twitter feed on 13th July when he claims to have received the Claim ...looking at the rest of what is there I don't think the defendant has the acumen to fake that ..and even if he did turn up what did he actually use in defence ..not much would be my guess..doesn't strike me as exactly Perry Mason or Michael Mansfield.

It is often said on forums like these that defended claims almost always lose ...but what is meant is that well defended claims almost always lose.

There is a serious inequality of arms inherent in the Civil jurisdiction in that there is no legal aid so Joe Public can at best afford a Solicitor whereas his opponent has the services of a Barrister .. taking into consideration the costs implications if Joe Public loses how fair is that ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure