has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd

Comments

• petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    stanmech wrote: »
    I have recently contacted Kerobo Claims to see about reclaiming my PPI i was mis sold on a loan back in 2004.

I have read a number of threads on this web site saying that i may not be able to claim back one of my loans as i defaulted and it went to court

I originally took out a loan with HFC bank, they added £5000 in PPI, I have since joined Eurodebt who manage all my debts on a Debt management Plan. I defaulted on my HFC loan and they managed to get an insert against my property through the Land Registry that if i sell my house or re mortgage i have to have their permission.

I have read on this web site that because it has gone to Court there is nothing i can do about this debt.

I have explained all this to Kerobo Claims and they still think they can take it to Court and get the whole debt written off as un enforcible,

Does anyone have any dealings with this company as i dont want to be lead down the garden path.

HELP !!!!!

Having looked at their site I think if you use this company you will run into difficulty.
    They charge on what is called " contingency" basis. In other words deduct 25% of your claim amount.

You may well win. In fact I would imagine you would have a very good chance of winning. However, the lender is likely to deduct your complensation amount from the balance of your debt. The claims company will still expect you pay their fee and you will not have the money to pay it.

This has been reported on here before.

You need to look round for a company that will offer you 100% return of your compensation. (a company that works on Conditional fee agreements rather than contingency.)
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Just adding my bit here...

and make sure that your credit rating is not affected by anything they do too.
  • After a conversation with Kerobo claims, they say they can get my loan written off due to the fact i was miss sold a loan in April 2006.
    Has anybody had any dealings with Kerobo

It'll be free to get my claim assed and Kerobo said that if ive got a good case they will charge me anywhere in between £300 to £500 but if the case gets rejected, i basically get my money back.
  • marshallka
    After a conversation with Kerobo claims, they say they can get my loan written off due to the fact i was miss sold a loan in April 2006.
    Has anybody had any dealings with Kerobo

It'll be free to get my claim assed and Kerobo said that if ive got a good case they will charge me anywhere in between £300 to £500 but if the case gets rejected, i basically get my money back.
    I would be careful about their claims to get your loan written off?? For what reasons would you think you could get a loan written off.

Perhaps the loans thread is better for this question as this one is PPI related on misselling and there is a seperate one for loans.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    they say they can get my loan written off due to the fact i was miss sold a loan in April 2006.

How do they know you were mis-sold?

There are threads on them on this board so do a search.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • marshallka
    dunstonh wrote: »
    How do they know you were mis-sold?

There are threads on them on this board so do a search.
    Quite my thoughts exactly;). This is why claims companies like this need closing down. They tell you you have a complaint even without knowing anything.
  • I have been in contact with kerobo too, is it real?
  • marshallka
    beckss wrote: »
    I have been in contact with kerobo too, is it real?
    beckss, if you have a complaint for misselling PPI then someone on here can help. If its for other reasons then perhaps ask on the loans thread. I have pm'd you back.
  • I unfortunately have a huge £18k loan which I got out around 4 years ago.
    I heard about this company on the radio last week..... sixty second claim dot co dot uk aka: kerobo.
    I rang them up and apparently all loans done before April 2007 are potentially invalid because people were mis-sold the loan / PPI over the phone. This company say they have a 100% success case record against the banks at the high courts.
    They look at my loan and my case and if they're solicitors think they'll win in court against the Abbey then they'll take on my case. After that I have to pay a one off payment of £401.35 for the Audit report then they go to court against the Abbey. They say they make they're money from when they win the cases and if they do lose I get all my money back.
    I don't know if this a good thing or not and I'd like anyone's advice please? I've read on another forum somewhere that these companies don't mention anything about trashing your credit rating in the process of winning your case at the courts etc. Is this true? I don't know who to believe? Please help!?!?!?
  • marshallka
    edited 14 October 2009 at 2:36PM
    If its missold PPI you are looking into then you can most likely do this yourself with not too much trouble but as regards "missold loan" then perhaps the loans forum is the best place to ask this. Kerobo have cropped up on here a number of times though and not much feedback. I personally would not use ANY claims company for something you can do yourself.

Have you paid them this money now? I think its a total rip off myself.

Is this money for your loan being wiped off and for what reasons would you think you would be entitled to have it wiped away? Did you not want the loan? Was it missold to you for any reasons?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure