How not to look like a self diagnosing hypocondriac?

Options
124»

Comments

• skin_care
    Options
    Hypochondriasis or hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to excessive preoccupancy or worry about having a serious illness.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pthree wrote: »
    I just wanted to update this thread as nothing has really changed nearly a year later.

When I went back to the Dr for another blood test after the three months, a (different) Doctor told me there was no need for one and gave me more vitamin D tablets and anti-depressants.

This has been going on for far too long, and nothing seems to have changed.

Would a private blood test help? How much would it cost, roughly?

Thanks P3
    I'm in the same boat and after a very frustrating doctors appointment today (she insisted cos my results were normal last time it couldnt possibly be my thyroid) i'm going to get myself tested privately :mad:, not that i can afford it, but this my health and that's kinf od important to me :o
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    skin_care wrote: »
    Hypochondriasis or hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to excessive preoccupancy or worry about having a serious illness.

Not really sure the point of your post!

But...This was definitely me after I had the littlest Oops. Convinced I was going to die all the time. It was shockingly awful. I even had my funeral planned and wrote a letter for Mr Oops telling him to be happy when I'm gone.

Therapy and anti d's really sorted my out.

I think hypochondria is used commonly to mean being convinced there is something wrong, not necessarily serious.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not really sure the point of your post!

But...This was definitely me after I had the littlest Oops. Convinced I was going to die all the time. It was shockingly awful. I even had my funeral planned and wrote a letter for Mr Oops telling him to be happy when I'm gone.

Therapy and anti d's really sorted my out.

I think hypochondria is used commonly to mean being convinced there is something wrong, not necessarily serious.

Can I ask what sort of therapy you had?
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    Can I ask what sort of therapy you had?

Of course, I had CBT arranged through my doc. I was also given (and still take) Citalopram.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure