IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking enforcement notice from Luton Airport APCOA

Hi there,

Today my OH showed me a parking ticket he had been sent through the post from Luton airport. I was the one driving the car to pick him up however I certainly didn't stop anywhere I wasn't allowed to stop. I drove around and around countless times before picking my OH up so as to avoid stopping where I shouldn't the company that have sent it are APCOA is this a real ticket or a scam? If it's a real ticket don't they have to prove that I was stopped somewhere I shouldn't have been stopped like photographic evidence or something?

Has anyone had any dealings with this company and what are my/his rights here. Should we appeal it as I really believe I was not in the wrong at any time and don't believe I should pay this especially if i'm taking their word for it? However if we don't pay this what will happen to us? i've never had a ticket for anything like this before. I follow all the rules, regulations etc!!

All advice is appreciated.

Maz x
A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    They give invoices out even if you are in a traffic jam, and someone jumps in or out, so basically yes its a scam and about money generation and nothing about safety, and in answer to you, please ignore them utterly don't appeal don't communicate with them at all.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This matter has been featured several times on BBC Three Counties Radio and they even interviewed some big cheese from Luton Airport about drivers dropping off passengers . Unfortunately the interviewer (Jonathan Vernon Smith) kept calling these charges "fines" and didn't point out that these charges are unenforceable, and they have to go after the driver and not the RK. All-in-all it was a wasted opportunity to spread the truth about private parking charges,
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • mazy_m
    mazy_m Posts: 661
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks so much guys you've put my mind at rest!! So we should just ignore it completely then?
    A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    mazy_m wrote: »
    Thanks so much guys you've put my mind at rest!! So we should just ignore it completely then?

Yes just ignore, watch these videos on this thread, they are not about luton airport, but all ppc invoices are the same.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3164256
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,643
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Plenty of threads showing in a forum search on this sub board for 'Luton Airport':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=103931020

APCOA are easy to ignore by all accounts and do not do Court. Check out the top thread on the current board view, 'PPC letters, what to expect' so you can see what threatograms they will bombard you with.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Whatdoiknow
    Whatdoiknow Posts: 120
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As our Company's car adminsitrator, we were recently sent a letter by Roxburghe on behalf of APCOA alledging a car infringement against one of our employees and I basically told them where to get off and even threatened them over their harrasssment of us and they backed down so quickly I was quite disappointed as I wanted to wind them up even more.

Haven't heard a thing since.
  • mazy_m
    mazy_m Posts: 661
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks again everyone and thanks so much for the link i'll go and have a read of this now!...I can't believe some shady people and companies do this!! (well I can but it's so disgusting!)

Ha ha I'd be inclined to do the same if they were to harrass us I wouldn't take it lying down!
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    APCOA - very easy to ignore. Never ever done court either.
  • Goldhanger
    Goldhanger Posts: 11 Forumite
    Seems like Roxburghe have changed their "letter". Check the last paragraph "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independent legal advice rather than rely on these opinions, and would respectively suggest that you refer to the Civil Procedure Rules part 31*, and more specifically parts 31.16 and 31.17"
    So, looks like we are being advised to check the internet for advice?............
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Except they forget to add that "Civil Procedure Rules part 31*, and more specifically parts 31.16 and 31.17" does not apply to the Small-Claims track. How very remiss of them!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure