100% Waterproof laminate flooring -anyone used?

Came across this last night.......http://www.lfdirect.co.uk/products/elesgo_water_resistant_flooring.html

Anyone used it before?

I've got a sample being sent out but it would be good to know if it does what it says it does.

I read all the bumph on the manufacturer's site and it sounds just the job for the kitchen but who knows?

I have about a week left to make a firm flooring decision so I hope all the samples I've asked for, from various flooring firms all arrive in good time. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Shambler
    Shambler Posts: 767 Forumite
    Interesting, we have normal laminate flooring in our kitchen and have never had a problem with water damage.

Aquafloor looks like a good choice for the bathroom.
  • nalyo
    nalyo Posts: 184 Forumite
    i would advise you to save your money. its all about the joints, if I was you I would just use the aqua ones from B&Q. These worked a treat in my old kitchen. remember you still cant leave water on the floor and they are not 100% waterPROOF splash resistant etc maybe?
  • markleedsuk
    markleedsuk Posts: 46 Forumite
    no idea about the product however, the product is only as good as the installation (no matter how good the product is, if installed incorrectly you will have problems)
  • zebidee1
    zebidee1 Posts: 991 Forumite
    I appreciate the bit about installation but it's clic laminate so not a lot to go wrong I feel.

The core is pvc compared to normal laminate (which is usually mdf or similar )which is why they can make the waterproof claim.
  • Brooktop
    Brooktop Posts: 124 Forumite
    I'm with Shambler - I just had normal laminate from B&Q and washed it with a bucket/mop (with a bit of soap flakes) and never had any problems with water damage. We didn't even dry the floor after use, just left it to evaporate. As long as you wring the mop out and don't flood it with water, I don't see why you need to spend extra.
  • zebidee1
    Thanks for everyone's comments.

Is there anyone out there who has experience of THIS particular laminate, please?

I've researched ordinary laminate to death, lol and I would really like to know more about the pvc version now.

( :o I've just re-read that......I hope it doesn't come across as being cheeky as I'm greatful for all your opinions....it's just that I'm after specific info about the pvc stuff rather than laminate in general iyswim.)

:beer:
  • zebidee1
    Samples arrived this morning. Not like other laminates and not quite what I expected but looks ok I think.

The core of the board is like a series of pvc channels with hollow centres. I can see how they make the 'waterproof' claim.

Edit: Had one of the samples soaking in a basin of hand hot water for the last 2 hours and it has come out exactly the same way as it went in. Looks like it does what it says on the tin. :D

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00719.jpg
  • ajtrader100
    ajtrader100 Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ive seen this product many times before, its very expensive, the rubber seal on the join is supposed the increase moisture resistancy, but its still a join. A join is a weakened area in any floor. I think you will be wasting your money, if you read the T&C of the warranty it wont cover bathrooms.

Buy a better end HDF (not MDF) based laminate floor with a strong click system and you will get a better product for your money.
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Re-opening an old thread as I'm wondering Zebedee - did you buy this in the end? Was it the AquaStep - which one? How have you found it? I'm looking for my kitchen but there wont be a washing machine in there, just a dishwasher and sink.
  • Toms Mom, i bought mine at www.flooring.uk.com they have it at a special offer price, UK only though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure