A new start for a newbie

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    vintage43 wrote: »
    Hi there, how are you getting on, I hope you and your little one are ok xxx

Finally taken the plunge and letting CCCS deal with my debts so thats going through at the moment, DD ok at mo, settled back into school, so thats ok at mo, and she had her hot air balloon trip (3rd time lucky) over summer, her bday present, she was so happy, wants to go up again! xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one wrote: »
    Finally taken the plunge and letting CCCS deal with my debts so thats going through at the moment, DD ok at mo, settled back into school, so thats ok at mo, and she had her hot air balloon trip (3rd time lucky) over summer, her bday present, she was so happy, wants to go up again! xx

Well you have to do what you have to do, it must be a weight off your mind, oh I would love a ride in a hot air Balloon, lucky lucky girl!
    We spent today at Ludlow Food Festival - I sat and just relaxed while watching the otherhalf sing his little heart out, he'll be doing the same again tomorrow and Sunday so I'll be really chilled out by Monday! A little sunburnt though, for got to do the back of my neck x
    vintage43:A
    NSD 42/365 2012
    - A new start for a newbie
    Next - £1033.62 :( Barclaycard - £5683 :( Mortgage - £125471 :( Overdraft - £903:eek::(Loan £3562 - :( Total Debts = £10179 Monthly shopping £100 spent so far £12.65
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Ludlow food festival sounds fab, good chance to relax as well.

We got the ballon flight for £85 each, I pd for DD, and mum paid for dads, as bday prezzies for them both, last time dad went we paid £150.

Thou at mo Virgin have an offer on throu topcashback £99 per person, good value as there normally £250 each.

I couldn't do it, but DD loved it she wants to go again.... dad would go at a drop of a hat! xx
  • Well today is another day spent lazily watching Mr R sing all day at Ludlow Food Festival, relaxing as anything, trying not to spend too much money but oh the food! Hopefully get some bargains tomorrow when it closes down for trading x
    NSD 42/365 2012
    Next - £1033.62 :( Barclaycard - £5683 :( Mortgage - £125471 :( Overdraft - £903:eek::(Loan £3562 - :( Total Debts = £10179 Monthly shopping £100 spent so far £12.65
  • Just a quick slip up with the pennies, a Christmas pressie of Chilli Vodka for someone and some Baileys choc, scrummy, eaten already, but may buy Three bars for a fiver tomorrow as I think with a bow around them would also make really good pressies
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    could murder the baileys choc now, youve got my mouth water, glad u had a gd day, hope weather as gd 2mor. xx
  • well done on your journey. i have just finished/ caught up with your journey. good luck. i have subscribed. xxx
    200 weeks £25,000.00 / £700
  • vintage43
    vintage43 Posts: 386 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2012 at 10:43AM
    Well it's back to reality this morning, youngest son in the shower getting ready for college as the rest us us are bursting for the bathroom, the weekend felt like a holiday, the hardest thing I had to do was rattle along with a tambourine and sing some harmonies. We go a thank you from the chef's table ( the posh bit) for the singing in the form of an all expenses paid afternoon tea, oh it was scrummy. Managed to reign myself in budget with, I bought 3 bars of Fluffle Choc as Xmas gifts, a bottle of Chilli Vodka for my little sis ( Mr R tasted it then lost his taste buds for about 3 hours, very very hot but apparently makes wonderful Bloody Mary's) and a set of three chocolate baileys type drink for my other little sis so only spent £29.50 all weekend!

Todays list of things to do -
    • Make a shopping list Oh Im a bit hacked off with this one, stuck to the list no problem, thought that I'd chance my arm on the self serve with two coupons for a pound each off the Observer paper which were at the bottom of a recipe card I picked up at the food festival, it only worked, so go £2 off the shop but should have picked up a few more cards!!!
    • Look at whats in the freezer
    • read some more and relax Just off to do it!
    • post some shoes on our local sale Facebook pageOOps! Ive already charity shopped them
    • Help Mr R wrap his ebay sales
    • Budget for the week as sons travel pass has not yet arrived:mad:Telephone call while I was out, travel pass has been approved so it will arrive in the next few days and we got a bursery grant so dont have to make any payments, which will save us £178 per term!
    • Spend some time with older son who is having some problems at the moment, see if we can help or support
    • Pour out the tea I made about 20 mins ago, Eek!:rotfl:

Have a great day everyone xx :j:rotfl:
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • EEEK! Just had two unexpected bills, one for swift cover, I owe them £52 and one from Tax Credits, I need to repay an overpayment of 219.62 _ think I can manage the £0.62. GULP!
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    oo to both bills, can u try and c if you can get payment schedule for tax credits xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport