Removing Radiator Side and Top Panels for Cleaning

We installed Stelrad double radiators with factory fitted top and side panels a few months ago. I recently noticed that someone (presumably my husband) has spilt tea or coffee which has left a huge mess inside the top of the radiator.

I cannot see how I can get to all the sticky drops without removing the top panel. Is this possible to do and then refit? I don't want to start pulling at them if I won't be able to get them back on and I can't see any screws or other fastenings. :confused:

Comments

• BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think, and I only think, that the panels just pull off or sort of "unclip".
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think, and I only think, that the panels just pull off or sort of "unclip".

yes they will just pull off, like Bob has said.
  • mickyrush
    mickyrush Posts: 15 Forumite
    Hiya plumb 1,on this subject,do you know where I could buy a top grille and side panels for a stelrad elite radiator?I'm having trouble finding a store that sells them.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mickyrush wrote: »
    Hiya plumb 1,on this subject,do you know where I could buy a top grille and side panels for a stelrad elite radiator?I'm having trouble finding a store that sells them.

Try the Plumbcenter, they will have to order them for you, as not a stock item(to many size's) .Measure your size req.
  • mickyrush
    mickyrush Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks my friend,will try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills