Dgs/rpp Dd ??

Hi - hoping someone here can help, as my Google-fu has deserted me this evening, the only hit I got was in_despair's SOA on this board from January this year.

My boyfriend has had a refund of £49.50 to his account which he wasn't expecting and Nationwide has told him that the payment is from DGS/RPP DD. We've worked out that RPP is Regular Payment Plan and DD is Direct Debit, but we've still no idea which company this is and why they've refunded him! The only thing that we can think of is that it might be Sky as he cancelled his subscription a couple of months ago - anyone know??

Thanks,
Caroline

Comments

• Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I found another post with this in http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=140995 post no 5 in the thread - maybe you can pm the poster and ask what it is?
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Thanks - that's the post that came up when I Googled it, but the poster hasn't posted here since the end of January and I fear s/he may not be around any more. I'll give it a try though.

Caroline
  • Hi - hoping someone here can help, as my Google-fu has deserted me this evening, the only hit I got was in_despair's SOA on this board from January this year.

My boyfriend has had a refund of £49.50 to his account which he wasn't expecting and Nationwide has told him that the payment is from DGS/RPP DD. We've worked out that RPP is Regular Payment Plan and DD is Direct Debit, but we've still no idea which company this is and why they've refunded him! The only thing that we can think of is that it might be Sky as he cancelled his subscription a couple of months ago - anyone know??

Thanks,
    Caroline

This is Domestic General Service, it is an insurance policy for home appliances such as Freezers, washing machine etc
  • Thanks, JuanCarr - this is a really strange one, as he doesn't own any home appliances!! We can only assume it was some kind of breakdown cover on the Sky box, there was a communal dish in his old flat, so it can't have been that.

Oh well, not complaining!

Caroline
  • Hi there,

I was searching the net for this 'spurious' DD from my account and came across this fantastic site.

I have since found out what this means (for me anyway).

Its a SKY REPAIR PLAN that i took out a while back. Under the DGS/Rpp DD name, it gives me a ref, which is AYSD00*****. This coresponds to the Sky Repair Plan I took out, so it must be one of the same.

Fair play for getting some money FROM them; They've been taking £9.90 out of my wallet for the last 18 months.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Marc.
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hahaaaa - THAT's what that was for. Its been driving me nuts for the last couple of months, finally decided to Google it and OF COURSE the answer was here all along!

Mine was for cover for my washing machine - it was either pay £120 just for the part, buy a new machine, or take out the plan for £140 which covered that repair, plus any others in the year (or a replacement washing machine if they couldn't fix). As I couldn't really afford to buy a new washing machine, it seemed to make sense.

Thanks!!
  • hhfan1
    hhfan1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    hi there, this will be for some type of Sky related product on a payment plan (for instance - new skyhd box, or an upgrade)
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    DGS = Domestic & General
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • Just thought I would reply and add in something, I also had this but forgot what is was, mines month boiler cover from domestic and General :)
  • I had a Direct Debt appear on my statement and could not figure out what it was, then remebered it was for Domestic and General Services for a washer dryer. i.e. DGS :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure