Can I change my contract on Vodafone?

MikeF1
MikeF1 Posts: 145 Forumite
Hi all. I've been with Vodafone for nearly a year, on an 18 moth contract. I'm happy with their service, and my current contract gives me 200 minutes and 100 texts for £25. I'm sure that's not the most value for money contract, but...

Anyway, it seems I never use anything near the number of minutes, but often go up to or above the text limit. Is there any way I can change it a bit so I get more texts and less minutes or something?

Vodafone have number you can ring to change price plan which I will try, just wanted an idea of what to expect.

Many thanks!

Mike

Comments

• mcmanlyn
    mcmanlyn Posts: 422 Forumite
    you can also change your tariff online if you sign up for online billing - saves hanging on a cs line :)
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
  • spamberler
    spamberler Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    6. You may change your price plan for free to the price plan with the next lower monthly cost to your current price plan once each month after the nine months following your connection. During the first nine months following your connection you may also change your price plan to one with a higher monthly line rental charge. If you change price plan to a price plan of a different type then any unused minutes will not be carried over e.g. if you switch from an Anytime plan to an Evening & Weekend plan.
    A dAy WiThOuT wInE iS lIkE a DaY wItHoUt SuNsHiNe
  • Hi Mike,

You’ll be able to change your price plan with Vodafone as long as you are more than nine months into your contract. You can do this by calling 191 from your Vodafone handset free of charge or by calling 08700 700 191 (charged at national rate.) As McManlyn rightly said; if you’re registered for online billing you can change your price plan from there.

We’ve several text bundles available with most price plans and reading your post I think it may be more suitable for you to add on one of these as opposed to changing your price plan.

If you are unsure on what would suit you best our Customer Service team will be happy to analyse your past few month’s bills and be able to make a recommendation based on your usage.

I hope this helps.

Hopefully Useful
    Vodafone UK
  • Ive just phoned vodaphone as im coming to the end of my husbands contract and all they offered me was hlaf price line rental for 6 months. A total of £90 for a customer who didnt want a new phone, just a bit off for line rental, but if i cancel and take out a new contract with Vodaphone and get the Nokia N81, which i can sell on ebay for around £250-£300, then im paying for nearly all my contract.

Its madness as now i have to go through all the rigmoral of cancelling and then them offering me a new deal when it would make it so much easier if they had offered me a better deal. I didnt want much just to save £150 for the year. :confused:
  • MikeF1
    MikeF1 Posts: 145 Forumite
    We’ve several text bundles available with most price plans and reading your post I think it may be more suitable for you to add on one of these as opposed to changing your price plan.

That's fine, but I don't particularly want to pay any more a month. I'd happily take off a load of minutes for some more texts.

I will have another look online, I think it just directs me to phone, which I haven't had the chance to do today.
  • Alonso14
    Alonso14 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Which price plans on the vodafone website would I be eligible to move to after 9 months of my contract? For instance, I currently pay £45 a month for 750mins, unlimited texts, and internet (bought from phones4u), and I see on the vodafone website that there is currently a promotion on my tariff for £30 a month (excluding internet). Thanks

Edit: Also, is there any way for a Vodafone rep to fix my online billing, because it always says I have 0 minutes used, and 0 minutes remaining. The same happens when I get a text from 44555. Ive spoken to a customer service rep numerous times, and nothing has been done about it. Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure