PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Plastic storage pots - customising ...

2»

Comments

• MrsMW
    MrsMW Posts: 590 Forumite
    If you like to use packet bread mix, the ones they sell at Lakeland are great. They are made by Carrs and cost about £6.50 for 10 packets. I use them regularly because I'm disabled and can't always get to the shop to buy yeast when I need it.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MrsMW wrote:
    If you like to use packet bread mix, the ones they sell at Lakeland are great. They are made by Carrs and cost about £6.50 for 10 packets. I use them regularly because I'm disabled and can't always get to the shop to buy yeast when I need it.
    Yes I've heard good things about the Lakeland bread mixes. Trouble is I can never remember whether I've heard it from other people, or just them raving about things in their catalogue! Still, their 'money back if not satisfied' offer is so good you just have to try some things, don't you?

Still, off to the Wales board to find a good bookshop in Cardiff ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • jordylass
    jordylass Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I just bought a book at a boot sale by kim and aggie on how to clean your house and they say to use WD40 t remove the glue from sticky labels, I've not tried this myself yet.
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
  • Savvy_Sue
    jordylass wrote:
    I just bought a book at a boot sale by kim and aggie on how to clean your house and they say to use WD40 t remove the glue from sticky labels, I've not tried this myself yet.
    If I was at the glue stage, I'd feel a lot more hopeful. However, there is no apparent damage to the actual labels! I know I haven't tried the brillo yet, I think I am now pinning my hopes on the labels from Lakeland. Any excuse ...
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morrisons sell clear plastic tubs with lids 3 for 99p.

Similar to tupperwear boxes but thinner and with clear thin lids.

They look big enough to hold a portion of frozen food each.

WD40 and it's cheaper equalvilants do work to remove bits of glue and tape. :)

(You can tell I work for Morrisons, can't you with my posts. :o )
  • Savvy_Sue
    Katgoddess wrote:
    Morrisons sell clear plastic tubs with lids 3 for 99p.

Similar to tupperwear boxes but thinner and with clear thin lids.

They look big enough to hold a portion of frozen food each.

WD40 and it's cheaper equalvilants do work to remove bits of glue and tape. :)

(You can tell I work for Morrisons, can't you with my posts. :o )
    Well I love Morrisons, we've not that long got one round here and it's been the only supermarket I've been able to use with my head the way it is!

But I bought one of their little round pots so I could carry round decaff t-bags with me, only the lid doesn't stay on very well.

I've bought DS a couple of screw top beakers from Morrisons, one for sugar and one for t-bags, and he asked me what for, because he doesn't drink tea! I'm trying to explain that he MIGHT have friends who do drink tea or coffee and it would be friendly to be able to offer them a drink! I'm not going mad or anything, I'm sure a screw top beaker will hold enough t-bags to last his friends a term ...

But I'm still working on what I've got lurking around the kitchen that he can have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport