freephone number for working tax credits?

I've just found out we maybe able to claim working tax credits but I would like to talk to someone about this, the number is 0845 and i know i'll probably be on for a long time. does anyone have an 0800 number for the Tax Credit Helpline please?
sieze the carp

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No; but have you tried saynoto0870.com ?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • sh1305 wrote: »
    No; but have you tried saynoto0870.com ?

I've dug this number up for you as an alternative: 01726 293293

It's not free but it's cheaper to call that if you have free evening and weekend calls on your call plan. ;)
  • jeffy22
    jeffy22 Posts: 386
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    would this be free then if i call after 6 as i get free landline calls after 6pm?
    sieze the carp
  • caris
    caris Posts: 730 Forumite
    My daughter had to phone TC last week, I looked up the sayno phone number for her and when she phoned TC they told her if she usews that nmber again instead of the 0845 number they will not speak to her!!!, she MUST use the 0845

caris
  • jeffy22 wrote: »
    would this be free then if i call after 6 as i get free landline calls after 6pm?

Yes as that is a landline number.
  • caris wrote: »
    My daughter had to phone TC last week, I looked up the sayno phone number for her and when she phoned TC they told her if she usews that nmber again instead of the 0845 number they will not speak to her!!!, she MUST use the 0845

caris

I just tried the number I gave the OP and it gets me through to the Tax Credits helpine, as if you called the 0845 number? :confused:
  • karenx
    karenx Posts: 4,988 Forumite
    If you tell us your situation we might be able to help to save a long phonecall too!
  • if you know someone who has/or you have bt option3 then 0845 and 0870 numbers are included in the 4.95 a month package
  • just rang tax credits using my mobile and it just used my free minutes not credit
    im on giffgaff and know 0800 numbers are free but didnt think 0345 would be included in my tariff

0345 3003900
  • HMRC are starting to replace some 0845 numbers with 0345 numbers as they are cheaper due to being normally charged at landline rates, and included within "free" minutes on mobile contracts.

The post above my MARKJ9NST gives the new number for Tax Credits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure