Clickworker

Comments

• Although this thread isn't very active any more I was wondering if I could get a little help.

I'm going a Groupon task for cheap beauty deals in Sheffield (keyword combo one) where keyword two is beauty. However, keyword one needs to feature 4 times and keyword two can only be featured once?! It's impossible! It's the only task up atm that I can do so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? The forums for CW are less than useless :(
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• movingon
    movingon Posts: 532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, if its not too late, take a screen shot of what you have done so far and send it to clickworker support. If its too late and the job is gone, hopefully you have it saved in word or something similar. Send an email to support with the job number and explain the problem as above. They will either credit the fee to your account, or change the keywords and release it to you again and you can then copy and paste the text you have saved in word.
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2012 at 2:12AM
    I signed up, went through the English assessment, then wrote a sample text for review. I just got that sample text review back, and I scored 0. That's out of 100. The reason? Plagiarism.

I am obviously gonna hastily add I did NOT steal from any website, article, magazine, ect ect. I wrote the sample text - a movie summary, as it happens, and I chose the movie "Submarine" - very carefully and researched the date it was released, runtime, director, lead actor ect. in order to score highly, as I made 3 dumb mistakes on the English test beforehand and only scored a 97%. I wanted to try and recoup those points. Guess that backfired...

Any advice? Worth contacting them? I have 0.10 euros on account from saying I heard of their site through here, won't be sorely missed...
  • miwa wrote: »
    I signed up, went through the English assessment, then wrote a sample text for review. I just got that sample text review back, and I scored 0. That's out of 100. The reason? Plagiarism.

I am obviously gonna hastily add I did NOT steal from any website, article, magazine, ect ect. I wrote the sample text - a movie summary, as it happens, and I chose the movie "Submarine" - very carefully and researched the date it was released, runtime, director, lead actor ect. in order to score highly, as I made 3 dumb mistakes on the English test beforehand and only scored a 97%. I wanted to try and recoup those points. Guess that backfired...

Any advice? Worth contacting them? I have 0.10 euros on account from saying I heard of their site through here, won't be sorely missed...
    Contact them, I got a 50% on my first one and I emailed complaining, they let me have another go.

I redid my English test today, got 97% and they won't accept that as a pass mark :mad: it is annoying but if you can get into the site, the pay is worth it.
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• miwa
    Contact them, I got a 50% on my first one and I emailed complaining, they let me have another go.

I redid my English test today, got 97% and they won't accept that as a pass mark :mad: it is annoying but if you can get into the site, the pay is worth it.

Thanks for the advice, I sent them an angry email, not sure what good it'll do but I did feel better afterwards.

Good luck on your test...
  • miwa
    I had to redo my assessment and recieved a score of 33% (!). Think I'll stick to textbroker.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For those above who said scores were zero, this is on one of the FAQs;

"I’ve finished the “Qualify as an author for … text writing”. Why is the result score still zero?

Some assessments require manual scoring by our team. As you can imagine, manual scoring takes time. In those instances you might experience a delay of up to two weeks. Of course, it is in our own interest to score your assessment as soon as possible, since we do need all the help we can get servicing the projects of our clients."

Does this explain the situation away?
  • Hi

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have come over here from the Textbroker thread.

I'd be very grateful if a helpful soul could give a quick resume of the pros and cons of Clickworker. I haven't signed up for Textbroker either yet (today was the first time I'd even heard of it) and wonder which would be best. I have limited time but really need to make every minute count towards earning a bit extra to pay off my debts. I appreciate that these writing sites are not 'get rich' schemes but every little helps.

Thanks for your time
  • I'm fed up with this lot, the hit apps page is ridiculous, second time I've been timed out of a task with no send button!! That means no payment! This is recent though because they have been fine in the past, I'm not a regular user of clickworker.... So I'm not sure if this is a blip or a general trend?
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Is anyone seeing any English copywriting jobs recently?

I signed up about a week ago and did my English author test and was initially marked at only 60% as they said my article wasn't completely on topic. I queried that with them and they re-assessed the assignment and gave it 80%. The mark updated in the completed assignments page, but on the list on the front page it remained at 60% and no jobs were showing. I queried this with them and they said that it was definitely updated and there were no jobs showing as at that time there weren't any jobs on the system.

It has now been over a week and I have never seen a single job on there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback