Free Courses

Comments

• If I am correct, this course is not undertaken fully online, there is an end of course assessmemt which involves meeting someone in a college or school or the like, but hey, sounds good. :D;) ;D
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks for this, worth a look
  • Just looked at this site and it has a clause in terms and conditions about fees relating to not finishing the course/attending a centre /fee for certificates etc - so hidden costs. Tried e-mailing them on their contact e-mails but none of them work - I am very suspicous - anyone have any more info?? I know there are other courses out there where they catch you out on these things.
    stay lucky!
    Steve.
  • I live in Scotland and have applyed anyway what harm can it do. You can select Scotland from the drop down menu and it accepted my details. Says now I will be contacted by post. Just have to wait and see what happens.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Well im not in Scotland and they dont do the courses here :(

Can always try another time and get the money from rpoints thanks Steeev ;D
  • lpc_3
    lpc_3 Posts: 20 Forumite
    the company running this seems to be the same as vision2learn, who were also offering free courses a while back, and on top of that they were also giving cashback for signing up via the various cashback sites, £3.50  through greasypalm for example, might be worth investigating, if they have a similar cashback scheme... or the old vision2learn one is valid for this company too.

I've subscribed at greasypalm and then at a vision2learn course but I haven't seen the £3.50 getting added at my account balance in greasypalm. Is it common to take long time, or do I have to do the course first?

Cheers
    Panagiotis
    :: No unapproved links in signatures please - FT ::
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've been doing the Web Entrepreneur course now for a few months through V2L and it's quite good. I have a final examination at North Trafford College sometime at the end of January which I'm half dreading as I haven't done a 'sit down'n exam since I left school 16 years ago, lol.

(I'm an Open University Student but my exams there have mainly been online as my courses are computer based, so copped out of the 'sit down' exam for the last 3 years, lol)

The Web Entrepreneur course is recommended to those less confident on a computer to help you get the best from it. I found it quite easy as I have experience but a certificate is a certificate and looks good on the CV.

Good Luck all those applying.
  • I've applied for several of their courses only to be told there's no college support available in my area, so i can't do any of them.

I'm not sure how many colleges are affiliated to this, but if they haven't got one near me then it can't be very widespread. So, take heart those of you in Scotland, you'e not the only ones missing out! :(
  • lpc_3
    lpc_3 Posts: 20 Forumite
    BTW, does anyone else knows any other way to get free training, such as other websites?
    :: No unapproved links in signatures please - FT ::
  • steeev
    steeev Posts: 336 Forumite
    BTW, does anyone else knows any other way to get free training, such as other websites?

there are loads of websites on the internet offering free training, picking an example at random, photoshop there are thousands of online tutorials teaching photoshop skills (photoshop is a computer program for manipulating digital images)

there are lots of tutorials for a wide range of other subjects online too.

to get started finding them just try typing the name of the subject you want to learn and the words "free" and "tutorial" into the google search engine and you should get a list of sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure