Free Boilers.

Comments

• CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 October 2013 at 4:41PM
    Dont go with British Gas had survey done in July they first went to wrong house and next door. When I manage to get him before he left, did survey gave me impression it would be quick. Didn't send all info to BG via ipad, them told later ipad has problems, yeah takes 2 months to fix. Rang several times only to be told there still waiting for info from company that did survey. I complained 3 times to them via email said reply will take 3 working days not once have they got back to me. Always had to chase them up
  • haz25a
    haz25a Posts: 221
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I wouldn't recommend British Gas either. I was left with no heating or hot water for 7 weeks after they installed a new boiler under the Affordable Warmth Scheme. They connected it to outside rainwater pipe and when it rained the boiler flooded my property:eek:

Their Customer Service is appalling as well, I had to contact my MP to escalate it for me.
  • CharlieBilly
    CharlieBilly Posts: 2,319
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just been on phone to BG affordable warmth due to mess last time by surveyor I now have to go through whole process again. Comes end of month and I most probably to to wait God knows how long to get one
  • Lots of different companies around the UK are running this programme, not just B+Q.
    Merseyside Fire and Rescue are working with local contractors to offer eligible home owners and private tenants replacement boilers, cavity wall and loft insulation.
    To book an appointment call 0800 731 5958
  • we had a new boiler fitted from gov scheme but cant remember company sorry. they rang me came next day to look at old boiler and 5 days later came to fit new one took about half a day. old boiler was about 15 yrs old but still in good working order. but it didnt meet new efficiency ratings so they replaced it. definately worth doing if you can. we also got cavity wall insulation done free which has made a huge difference.
    :coffee:i find a cup of tea can solve most problems:coffee:
    :dance: but alcohol solves them all :dance:
    basic emergency fund 387.87/500
    £1000 emergency fund #290
    mortgage 91,719= 21y 0mnth :eek:
    6 mnths exp 0/6633
  • i've been trying to get this for my 71year old dad. but since he doesn't get any state benefits or disability benefits he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything till he's 75, since his 20yr old back boiler central heating system still works. bloody maddening!

2015: zilch. 2016:Visit London Lumiere Light Festival wudon meal for 4
    2014:Sound Bar Matcha Tea Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets Duran vinyl Singing In The Rain tickets £100 Paypal Trip to Santorini

:A:staradminTHANKS TO ALL COMPERS WHO POST ON HERE:staradmin:A
  • dors01
    dors01 Posts: 59
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i've been trying to get this for my 71year old dad. but since he doesn't get any state benefits or disability benefits he doesn't appear to be entitled to anything till he's 75, since his 20yr old back boiler central heating system still works. bloody maddening!
    I feel you, we are in the same boat, it seems like because my wife and I go to work we are not entitled to anything, so we have to keep our old inefficient boiler and non insulated walls because we have to choose between feeding and clothing the children and us or saving for a new boiler, can't do both in this life LOL:rotfl:
  • dors01 wrote: »
    I feel you, we are in the same boat, it seems like because my wife and I go to work we are not entitled to anything, so we have to keep our old inefficient boiler and non insulated walls because we have to choose between feeding and clothing the children and us or saving for a new boiler, can't do both in this life LOL:rotfl:

Dors01, i just think that once you hit a certain age, society owes you and should look after you... especially after contributing for 50+ years. breaks my heart to see my dad loose out on everything yet my mum gets all the benefits that are available (they're divorced). so much for equality in old age.

2015: zilch. 2016:Visit London Lumiere Light Festival wudon meal for 4
    2014:Sound Bar Matcha Tea Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets Duran vinyl Singing In The Rain tickets £100 Paypal Trip to Santorini

:A:staradminTHANKS TO ALL COMPERS WHO POST ON HERE:staradmin:A
  • TheGame21
    TheGame21 Posts: 187
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is there no such discounted scheme for people who work?
  • haz25a
    haz25a Posts: 221
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    TheGame21 wrote: »
    Is there no such discounted scheme for people who work?

Yes, there are schemes for people who work and are on a low income. Google it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure