Ebay buyers getting worse - what to do in this case?

Hi I am really noticing a lot of buyers taking the pee recently. I sold a jumper the 5th April I only wore it once was in perfect condition a buyer won the item for 99p. She didn't pay then on the 6th day she emailed asking what material the jumper was made from. I said I was unsure as I had cut the label out. Still no payment so on the 8th day I start an unpaid dispute. Today she has emailed me this

"Hiya, i asked what material the above top is made from and you replied you didn't know! As you can't advise me of this, i would like you to cancel my bid and cancel the unpaid item. Thank you"

Now in my opinion a buyer should ask all questions prior to bidding on an item. The item only sold for 99p so it's not a case of the money, but I don't wish to cancel the transaction because I don't think buyers should be able to keep bidding then changing their mind.

Can I just wait until enough days have passed to give her an unpaid strike? Can she leave me negative if I do that? What would you do? :confused:

Cheers

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    She can leave you a neg whatever you do, personally I would go for a full strike on the basis that as she is TSFE she'll probably not last long as a bidder anyway.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • minnie123
    minnie123 Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think you are right - if she had emailed straight away apologised and asked to cancel the bid in a polite manner I would have probably obliged. But her emails are like she expects whatever she wants - it doesn't matter who she messes about. Sorry to sound thick but what does TSFE stand for Soolin?
  • JemJam
    JemJam Posts: 410 Forumite
    I'd def strike too, it's up to the buyer to ask questions before they bid not after; some people have no common sense about things?!
    Debt which IS NOW GONE before 31.12.2011: CC - GONE!!! :j Loan: GONE!! :j
  • soolin
    TSFE - Too Stupid for Ebay.

Don't forget that if she is daft enough to do this to you she may well be a serial TSFE and already have strikes. Make sure you have your seller references to exclude these bidders from your aucitons in future:

Start from here to set buyer requirements to exclude overseas bidders or bidders with NPB strikes etc.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • minnie123 wrote: »
    I think you are right - if she had emailed straight away apologised and asked to cancel the bid in a polite manner I would have probably obliged. But her emails are like she expects whatever she wants - it doesn't matter who she messes about. Sorry to sound thick but what does TSFE stand for Soolin?

Too
    Stupid
    For
    EBay

Have you also blocked her in your Blocked Bidders List?
  • minnie123
    Thanks - she has bad feedback already from selling so maybe my strike will get her kicked off!!

It's a shame you can't see if people have strikes already.
  • soolin
    Set your seller rpeferences and then every now and then log in safely and then (only when logged in safely) go to this link:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerRequirementsActivityLog&guest=1

and see how many people have failed to be able to bid on your auctions. It is quite suprising

I've just checked mine and I have someone blocked due to too many unpaid item strikes and they have almost 700 feedback! others tend to be around the 100 mark.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    BUT

How can you list an item of clothing without stating the material? One if my pet hates is not knowing whether a shirt is cotton or poly/cotton.
  • minnie123
    Hintza wrote: »
    BUT

How can you list an item of clothing without stating the material? One if my pet hates is not knowing whether a shirt is cotton or poly/cotton.

How?? well you just go into ebay, click sell, write your listing and on the bit that says material leave it blank.

The end of the day it is down to the buyer to make a decision on if they want to bid on the item or not, depending on the info they have got from the listing, or asking the seller a question.
  • chja
    chja Posts: 913 Forumite
    minnie123 wrote: »
    How?? well you just go into ebay, click sell, write your listing and on the bit that says material leave it blank.

The end of the day it is down to the buyer to make a decision on if they want to bid on the item or not, depending on the info they have got from the listing, or asking the seller a question.

Spot on.

Did you have any other bidders that you could make a 2nd chance offer too ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure