Feb-YOU-ary 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

Comments

• kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    alrighty then my lunches for next week?

Well I'm thinking of shifting my baby belly - well baby is 7 years old after all :rotfl: I am thinking of going a little more low carb because I just seem to have been eating carby stodge through the winter.

I am thinking egg mayo salad and the trusty cheese in a salad as well :D
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    I've just put my lunch in the fridge ready for tomorrow; Wholemeal bread, scrambled eggs and spaghetti. I don't have anything too big for lunch so prefer something quick, easy and light.
  • My 12 year old is the cause of my 'baby' belly. :rotfl:
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
    The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2013 at 11:45PM
    kittiej wrote: »
    alrighty then my lunches for next week?

Well I'm thinking of shifting my baby belly - well baby is 7 years old after all :rotfl: I am thinking of going a little more low carb because I just seem to have been eating carby stodge through the winter.

I am thinking egg mayo salad and the trusty cheese in a salad as well :D

I haven't got kids so can't call it a baby belly, but have gained weight in the last few months so am also going for low GI options (I'm only looking to lose about 1/2 a stone). Trouble is I'm a fussy sod and don't do salad lol.

Am really :mad: with myself at the moment as I've just gone to prep tomorrows lunch and seem to have left my cous cous bowl at work. I've had a rummage to find a substitute but everything I've found so far is either too big or too small. I think I'll have to take the bits I need and wash my bowl up at work ready for use at lunch time.

D'oh! I just remembered, I took cookies into work last week as it was my birthday the week before. I put my "cous cous bowl" inside the tub to bring it home & that's where it was still hiding! Oh well, at least my lunch is all ready for me to take in with me tomorrow now :D
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • mrsdee
    mrsdee Posts: 555 Forumite
    slightly dull lunch today - had cheese and pickle sandwiches, although to be fair the pickle was home made (not by me, but by brother in law). Took some cherry tomatoes and had those as well, and a yoghurt and an apple. I have two clementines and a lidl cereal bar as emergency backup for later in the afternoon!
    I have just 4lb to lose to get back to my target weight which I reached last summer and which then floated upwards a bit around Christmas time. As I have cut down on alcohol this seems to be doing the trick. and have had steady weightloss of around half a pound a week.
    Tonight I'm going to make some mackerel pate and will have that tomorrow wlunch time ith some homemade bread. I'm also going to make some lowfat tea bread and will have a slice of that as my emergency afternoon snack fodder for the week!
    yum yum
    Sick and tired of waking up sick and tired...
    Debt-free, now focussing on being mortgage-free
    MORTGAGE : [STRIKE]Dec 2012 £133,602[/STRIKE]. Dec 2013 £114,092.47 July 2015 £85654
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :j

Snaggles I'm glad I'm not the only one to have a bb years down the line :rotfl:

Twiggy-phew what a close shave that was. You sound a bit like myself, if my specific item goes amiss then I get really aggravated by it. Thank goodness you remembered :T

Well dones babes and mrsdee :T

we had a yummy Chinese tonight so I'll take the leftover curry and fried rice in my food flask tomorrow. So much for the cutting back on the stodge eh? :rotfl:
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Scrambled eggs on toast again for me today. I have a Peach and Pear for afterwards and also a Jam Doughnut :D.

I always have Crisps, Cereal Bars etc in my drawer at work just in case I get a little peckish.
  • Well done on being so close to your target weight even after Christmas mrsdee. I haven't been drinking this month, but I haven't lost weight. Bit annoying really, grr! :D

Thanks to being disorganised (again!), I had to buy a cheese sandwich for lunch today, although I did resist the expensive coffee and had the stuff they were serving at the training course (which was surprisingly good! The coffee AND the course!).

I have put a MugShot and a cereal bar into my bag for tomorrow, so I won't have an excuse for any more slip ups. :o
    I'm a Money and Debt Adviser for a homelessness and housing charity in Scotland. If you have any questions about debt management and debt relief under Scots Law, just ask.
    The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
  • mrsdee
    mrsdee Posts: 555 Forumite
    I ended up working from home today so made a kind of spanish omelette with odds and ends of veg in the fridge and some cheese on top, and had that with some HM bread.
    I will take the other half of it with me to work tomorrow with some bread, along with a yoghurt and some fruit (probably the same clementines that have been coming to work and back with me for the past few days - lol!!) and a cereal bar. I def need to get it all together the night before as I like to get ready and out the door asap in the mornings to beat the traffic. Have found it much easier since no longer drinking during the week! Lol!
    Sick and tired of waking up sick and tired...
    Debt-free, now focussing on being mortgage-free
    MORTGAGE : [STRIKE]Dec 2012 £133,602[/STRIKE]. Dec 2013 £114,092.47 July 2015 £85654
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053
    Forumite
    Hello!! I'm still doing this. It's so good to get into this habit.

:j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills