Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Little_Miss_Uni-Debt Posts: 844 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 June 2012 at 10:30PM
    hey tattycath. DD's are very helpful to organise your outgoings. Any idea what your Debt Free Date will be? It's great that there's no interest.

As for the savings, hmm, you want something repeatable but simple. Do you have any hobbies that could help?

Things like online tutoring can pay well. I like earning extra £'s on elance.com. Any big wins to consider? Mis-sold PPI, charges etc to claim back? Anything big that you could sell?

If you get another £10, you've done your first 1% towards your 10k!
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    I would like to take up this system as well please! I don't think I can do it as a percentage of my total debt as it's too much at once, but, I can select one debt to pay off in this way. I've just had my PPI reclaim cheque through :j:j:jwhich has enabled me to clear a loan that I was paying £78.00 a month for. So that money can be re-allocated somewhere else now!! Exciting:beer: (Can anyone tell I'm excited???? LOL!!:rotfl:
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • :T wow hummingbird! That's excellent news. You have every right to be excited! Hurrah for surprise cheques! :j

If you don't want to do %'s on all your debt at once, set yourself a debt free date. Your 100% can be whatever you need to pay off this year.:D Then you know you're on track. Then if you blizted ahead & managed to start on 'next years' debts a little early - how amazing would that feel?!!
  • Been speaking to a friend today who is trying to help their OH with their debt situation.

They were thinking that a consolidation loan would be the ideal solution but credit score is stopping that from happening (fortunately). I've shown them the snowball calc and done my best to convince them that borrowing more isn't the way.

I kind of wanted to explain 'been there, done that & it's not a good idea' but I refrained :p, hopefully the snowball will help and they will decide if they can get it down on their own or could opt for a free DMP.

Been working on getting a few bookings for my partners wedding photography.

Put my CV in for a Sat night temp job. I'm not really interested in part time jobs because they tend to take over suck all social life away. However this one is very local and only for a set number of hours on a Sat - so it MIGHT be worth it.

Will be doing a few MSE activities this eve, more ebay listing.

Might even attempt to clear under the stairs if I'm feeling brave! :eek: How well it gets cleared depends on the number of spiders I encounter :rotfl:If there's any bigger than a 5p piece, I'm outa there! :D

Hope you have a good eve all!
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Check you out, spreading the MSE way of life :j:T

I've been converting everyone that will listen to the benefits of couponing, even gave some away to a woman at the supermarket lol! Gave her a few coupons and she let me have the heavily reduced chicken pieces :rotfl: good times at the reduced section lol x
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • Haha! That's awesome zepsgal, ah the camaraderie of the reduced section.

I've made friends with the woman that operates the coupon machine in Morrisons. As they say it's who you know that counts! ;)
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 June 2012 at 8:51PM
    I've got a tin I collect £2 coins in - so I'm going to open it and pay the money into my savings-I'll update when I've counted it up.!:)
    I've counted it up and I've got £140 to pay into account!!! So I have over 2% towards my savings now!! :D
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • tattycath wrote: »
    I've got a tin I collect £2 coins in - so I'm going to open it and pay the money into my savings-I'll update when I've counted it up.!:)
    I've counted it up and I've got £140 to pay into account!!! So I have over 2% towards my savings now!! :D

That's a super result Tattycath! I bet you felt like scrooge McDuck with that pile of gold coins!! You didn't dive into them from a great height did you? :rotfl:I would have done!

I've got a Terramundi that I keep eyeing up. It's not full yet so I'm holding off! I want it to be full to the top when I smash it up! :D
  • Well today I was meant to be vanquishing my Vanquis.

However, thanks to the fact I bank with Natwest I won't be able to do that.

Balance is still showing the same as it was Weds so wages haven't yet shown up.

Luckily I've not got bills to pay until the 29th but I was super excited about clearing a debt today.

I hope none of you folks are affected. I can imagine the nightmare if Direct Debits and important bills were involved!
  • paulmapp8306
    paulmapp8306 Posts: 1,352 Forumite
    just read this. Dont sell the guitar :( we all need a hobby and once its bought its free.

the only thing i couldnt do without are my guitars, and I have 6 !!!! - despite adding up what I could make if I sold them and my amp - somewhere around the £6-£7k mark !!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure