PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• sparrer wrote: »
    wb theatregirl :)

Not a good morning at all, just back from the surgery where I had an MoT which they're now offering to ladies over a certain age. The nurse made me shorter than I thought (4 feet 11 1/2", now 4 feet 11". Weight 9st 9lb :eek::eek::eek:. My scales tell me 9st 3lb, surely my clothes can't weigh 6lb? BP way, way too high, when it's been on the low side of normal all my life. The only thing that our calc's make the same is BMI of 26. I know I have to get that to 25 or less. Have to wait a week for results of blood test (cholesterol etc). So all in all feeling very low when I'm not the depressed type, never have been - no wonder I don't go to the surgery unless I really, really have to!!!

Ah well, back to the grindstone
    B - 30g F&F, sk milk
    L - Mushrooms and tomato on toast
    D - roasted roots - sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, red onion, with 1/2 chicken leg
    S - apple, melon, satsuma, banana
    E - usual plus cleaned through downstairs.

Have a bright day :)

Sparrer if your surgery is anything like mine they move the scales around in a very haphazard fashion so I would question the accuracy of them, but I would also give 4-5lbs for clothing and the time of day you were weighed, so all in all you can’t be too far off – chin up, there’s only the BP to get control of.

I’m a much happier bunny today – I went back to the dentist and halleluiah I can chew again – got a new dental plate fitted last week and oh my goodness the ulcers I have are unbelievable but a bit of adjustment means I’m sorted now – no more living on soup, at last I can get back to my crunchy salads and solid food :T :T.

Theartregirl nice to see you back, don't worry too much about going awol/mia - we've all done it :D
  • ellie99 wrote: »
    Welcome emmaneni
    I'm sure a lot of us can identify with what you're saying. I'm a typical yo-yo dieter, I actually have 3 different clothes sizes in my wardrobe. Right now, I'm pretty determined to lose the weight, and NOT put it on again. I'm fed up with having to diet, and want this to be the last time.
    Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm saying it because I've been where you are - but we all have self control if we want to have it. Saying "I have no self control" is an excuse to do what we want. You have to REALLY want to lose weight, and do what's required to achieve that.
    Some people can eat a small bit of chocolate, then stop. I'm not one of them, so this year I'm cutting out chocolate biscuits and chocolate bars completely...7 weeks in, and it's much easier than I thought it would be (considering the large bars I used to eat).
    Fancy joining me in Chocolate Free 2013? :)

Thanks Ellie and don't worry it wasn't taken the wrong way, you are completely right. Not sure I've got the guts to go Chocolate Free, I think I will have to have a wee think about that one. :)

B: Coffee and a taste of someone's kuglof (sp?)
    L: 2oz of pasta with a tin of sardines in tomato sauce, a hot green pepper, small onion and 3 tablespoons of sweetcorn. A low fat/sugar yoghurt.
    D: Tomato soup (same as yesterday)
    E: Week 5, run 1 of c25k.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sparrer if your surgery is anything like mine they move the scales around in a very haphazard fashion so I would question the accuracy of them, but I would also give 4-5lbs for clothing and the time of day you were weighed, so all in all you can’t be too far off – chin up, there’s only the BP to get control of.

Thanks N2bt, you're right of course, just needed someone to put it in perspective for me. I was wearing heavy skirt, thick tights, a roll-neck and a sleeveless woolly pully over the top so they must weigh a bit. It's stupid that as soon as you're told something isn't as it's always been you start to worry, so thank goodness for breathing exercises.

I'm sure all will be well, got lots of good food in the house so I know I'm doing the best for my body that I can :)

Except for the cheese. I need cheese. But I do buy rf which is okay, isn't it? ;)
  • Evening all.
    Dinner kind of went to pot as Mum still doesnt have any appetite - so just made her chicken and cut it up into pieces for her so she didnt have to bother with it. Did my chicken the same and mixed it with the sweetcorn. Left the onions out of the mix as I was originally going to do them for Mum to liven up the dish but she just wants plain food at the moment.

After dinner did more housework, and installed Powerpoint onto my computer again as I have a presentation to do for a interview - I'm going for a Casual Duty Manager position and its in two stages. Have faffed around with that for a bit, then did some more couponing, registered my shiny new Iceland card :D and printed off a £1.05 APG coupon from todays shop!

And because its been such a long hard stressful day doing e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g I have caved in and had a slice of ginger cake and just opened a bag of store bought sweet popcorn. :)
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,550
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sparrer wrote: »

Except for the cheese. I need cheese. But I do buy rf which is okay, isn't it? ;)

sparrer, I keep meaning to ask you, what does rf stand for?

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?

I know I'm not sparrer but I understand it to be reduced fat :)

Ellie I'd agree with Theatregirl that it's reduced fat.

I've got to come up with a decent but healthy non bread/pasta packed lunch for tomorrow. I don't want bread because I live alone with no freezer so bread quickly goes off as I rarely eat it. I had pasta yesterday so want something different.

I was thinking about some samosas or spring rolls, baked in the oven and not oiling the pastry so reducing the fat. With a nice dipping sauce of some sort. They have to be vegetarian as I don't cook meat for myself over here, only fish.

Off to search for some ideas. Have a great day everyone.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all
    You're absolutely right Theatregirl and emmaneni, rf, sometimes known as lf is reduced fat, or low fat. I tend to only use rf/lf/ff in dairy, for instance milk, cheese and yogurt, I've heard some horror stories about what they replace the fats with in some processed foods!

B - F&F, sk milk
    L - veggie soup, banana
    D - cauli cheese using sk milk, rf spread, rf cheese
    S - melon, satsuma, grapes, apple
    E - ironing, vac & polish downstairs, clean sofas with leather protector, I do it once a year and today's the day. Ideal if you want to increase your heart rate :(

Have a sunny day whatever the weather :)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    emmaneni wrote: »
    Ellie I'd agree with Theatregirl that it's reduced fat.

I've got to come up with a decent but healthy non bread/pasta packed lunch for tomorrow. I don't want bread because I live alone with no freezer so bread quickly goes off as I rarely eat it. I had pasta yesterday so want something different.

I was thinking about some samosas or spring rolls, baked in the oven and not oiling the pastry so reducing the fat. With a nice dipping sauce of some sort. They have to be vegetarian as I don't cook meat for myself over here, only fish.

Off to search for some ideas. Have a great day everyone.

For a future idea, roast some Mediterranean veggies in the oven (light spray of oil so they don't stick!) and make some couscous with boiling water and herbs. Mix the chopped veggies through and serve/pot up and take for lunch.

Or mixed beans with diced cooked potato and salad - all tossed together
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    I think I need to start posting my food on here again. I still put it in nutracheck every day but it's only me who sees it so I am not as accountable!

So today's projected food...

B - Rice Krispies, soya milk, tea
    L - 2 mini corn on the cobs, soup
    D - sweet potato wedges, fish fingers, green veg

This adds up to 1031 cals, leaving me a few left over for tea/fruit.

I will also go on the treadmill for as long as I can possibly manage - plus a fair bit of housework.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure