IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Apcoa Parking enforcement notice

Help, I recieved a Parking enforcement notice from apcoa at east midlands airport on the 13/03/12.
After looking online and finding this forum i decided to ignore the notice, i had no further letters until last week i recieved a letter from roxburghe debt collectors telling me to pay £148.
A few days later (last friday) i then recieved a phone call from roxburghe telling me that i need to pay sooner rather than later or the amount i owe will go up, also they have a payment plan that i can use so i can pay it back in easy instalments.
Ive looked through all of the forums regarding this and nowhere can i find anything about anyone having a phone call. The woman on the phone also stated that apcoa have taken people to court and that they have won, so to avoid this i need to pay up.
I dont no what to do I firstly havent got the money and things are already tight enough without having to commit to a payment plan please advise me where i stand legally. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Fiona, relax you dont owe a penny to anyone.

Apcoa and roxburgh are well known on here as are phone calls off them especially roxburgh, your telephone will enevitably be on DVLA's data base which is why they have it.

Only the landowner can pursue you for their actual loss, the parking company and debt collectors dont own the land so they have no legal standing to chase you for thin air let alone one of their ficticious parking tickets.

Goto to top of this forum and read apcoa letter chain or click the blue link, there you will see apcoa letters, roxburgh letter are also in there so you know what to expect from them in advance, you can then play snap with them if you like or make paper aeroplanes with them.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 August 2012 at 11:55PM
    Roxburghe are notorious for phoning people to trick and intimidate them into paying. Debt collectors have as much powers to collect debts as you and I. And it's not a debt in the eyes of the law in the first place.

When they ring again, simply say that you do not acknowledge the "debt" and that if they ring again you will regard it as harassment and report them to the Office of Fair Trading. The OFT are currently investigating Roxburghe, and are "minded to revoke their licence".

I can't recall APCOA ever taking anyone to court. They're not on the 2011 list from the Ministry of Justice. And since the landmark VCS vs. HMRC (Appeal) in May, only the car park owner can offer parking and take alleged offenders to court.

The next and final stage will be letters from a solicitor, Graham White. They're also under investigation by the Solictors Regulation Authority for threatening people with legal action, when they know that they can't do so.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Just ignore all, roxburghe are part of the scum of the earth! nothing to worry about dont loose any sleep about them lowlifes :money:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 August 2012 at 11:49PM
    There are a few things on phone calls, i think the line you need to feed them is along the lines of...
    all debt is denied, and you need to refer it back to your client, any further such comunication form you on this matter either by phone, mail or other means will be taken to be harrasment under the protection from harrasment act, and treated accordingly.

hopefuly someone will be able to post the exact wording that you need to give them should they try and contact you again.

As for the airport itself, i may be passing that way in the next few weeks, and i may be able to post some pictures of the useless signs that are at the entrance ( allthough im not sure how to get them online and on to here ), ive seen a large ish sign titles APCOA full of a long long list of very very small print at the entrance, I have been into the airport as well. As for what the sign says i havent got a clue as there is so much of it and its far to small to read, unless you stop your car, get out of it and spend a few minutes reading it.

The management of East midlands airport should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this pathetic so called company access to their land, whose only purpose is to scam people out of their money using all sorts of dirty tricks, which in my opinion is nothing short of demanding money with menaces and empty threats.
    If anything its the airport management who you should be directing your anger towards, as it is they who are responsable for the threatening calls your recieveing, and the harrasment that you are enduring as a result as without the airports permission they, APCOA wouldnt be able to opperate.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    fiona80 wrote: »
    Ive looked through all of the forums regarding this and nowhere can i find anything about anyone having a phone call.

please advise me where i stand legally. Thanks in advance.

You can't have looked - There are around eighty threads in this forum alone dealing with Roxburghe and their phone calls.

And you can stand wherever or however you want but the advice is still exactly the same as on all the other threads - Just IGNORE the scammers!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 August 2012 at 12:57AM
    fiona80 wrote: »
    Help, I recieved a Parking enforcement notice from apcoa at east midlands airport on the 13/03/12.
    After looking online and finding this forum i decided to ignore the notice, i had no further letters until last week i recieved a letter from roxburghe debt collectors telling me to pay £148.
    A few days later (last friday) i then recieved a phone call from roxburghe telling me that i need to pay sooner rather than later or the amount i owe will go up, also they have a payment plan that i can use so i can pay it back in easy instalments.
    Ive looked through all of the forums regarding this and nowhere can i find anything about anyone having a phone call. The woman on the phone also stated that apcoa have taken people to court and that they have won, so to avoid this i need to pay up.
    I dont no what to do I firstly havent got the money and things are already tight enough without having to commit to a payment plan please advise me where i stand legally. Thanks in advance.

Hmmmmm...go back to the parking forum thread list (one click, see my signature). NOT to the main MSE forums, just to our sub-forum here.

On the right of the titles headings there's 'search this forum' just above the columns saying 'replies' and 'views'. Click to search this forum, enter the keywords 'Roxburghe phone calls' (make sure all words typed right and with a capital letter R) and tick the box to SHOW POSTS about those keywords.

Lots of results! Read the advice given on the posts you find, we cover this issue about once a week on average...

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure