Solved : Vax Rapide Carpet Cleaner - Not dispensing water

Comments

• Am i doing something wrong or is this machine rubbish on dirt stains?
  • Am i doing something wrong or is this machine rubbish on dirt stains?

I used my machine on a stain caused by a spill on my mother-in-law's carpet. It needed going over two or three times but it did the job.
  • RobertDixon
    RobertDixon Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 October 2013 at 6:24PM
    The information in this thread has been very useful. It didn't get my machine working but when I called the VAX helpline I had already done all the tests they asked me to conduct. The gentleman on the helpline was very helpful indeed and it has been determined that my pump has failed, so that will now be getting attended to under the 2-year guarantee. But once I have a working machine again I will be following the suggestions given in this thread for rinsing out the machine after each use. Thanks very much for the advice.
  • Thank you David39 - your advice was 100% and so simple to follow.
    My hardly used machine was packed and ready for the refuse because of the frustration is created by not working efficiently. I thought I'd have one last look on the web and came across this site and found this thread. I now have one working machine and a clean carpet. Thanks again.
  • Had the same issue with my Vax Rapide deluxe.tried both suggestion to no effect but on inspecting machine I found a small sponge filter beneath the clean water tank. (With tank removed). Carefully removed filter and found it completely clogged with lime scale and/or shampoo residue. Cleaned filter and replaced - hey presto, it works!
  • WRW
    WRW Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to say, great advice - it worked perfectly. People like David39 who take the trouble to work out a fix, prove it and post it are greatly to be commended! :j
  • Fabulous advice, exactly as described - Vax Helpline only suggested hot water but poking pins through the holes is what brought the machine back to life. That's proper money saving because I was about to chuck it out and get a new one. Thanks!
  • Amazing tip :j Just followed instructions unblocking the holes and hey presto Thank you so much
  • Thank you - your post has helped many people including me! Top work David39 and greatly appreciated ��
  • Please help!! My VAX dual v has stopped dispensing water & solution on wash mode. It work on rinse absolutely fine and I've tried flushing hot water through to clean pipes and I've cleaned brushes etc. I am half way through cleaning my carpet please help!! X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback