PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    tifosi wrote: »
    Finally!

Started a claim with RBS back in December 2009 - they rejected it, adjudicator rejected it and it went to the Omudsman on appeal

Just heard that RBS have now agreed to uphold it!!

:j:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j:beer:

I dont know how muc yet, but FOS said RBS are stating they can only pay back to 2003 as thats all they have statements for - not a problem said I! - I have copies of ALL the statements right back to the start (99') I'll scan them and send them to you so you can go back to RBS with them!

:cool:

Mine isnt quite as great as it sounds, there is an outstanding areears to pay and I did cancel the PPI 2006 (curses!)

Now, I seem to remember someone on here is a genius with working out possible refunds?

Phew, that is fantastic!:j:T Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    hi all CONGRATS TO YOU ALLon todays bibig big wins (i havent read them yet but positive thats the case)

had delivered today 2 big boxes (size the a4 papers come in) from barclays and guess what it wasnt what i really wanted.

anyway after trying to understand found some mention of barclay loan and yes it was not protected. However i had one in 2003 which was PROTECTED - Yeah so the very very helpful gentleman put complaint through for me as i had called the ppi team - 0845 609 0806 but got through to coventry. so then i went on to moan about barclay card. and guess what an even bigger complaint has been logged as he can see all my details the 4 cards i have had yet barclay card cant find me (whats going on with that)

So will see what come of the above.

regarding CITI - im still waiting for someone to call me back regarding my ppi
  • di3004
    ArferDaly wrote: »
    Hi Again.

Now being messed around by Barclaycard,sent me a letter asking for a ppi question form to be sent in and supplied the form, as they had supposedly requested on the 24th of last month by letter.

I looked back and found the letter and there was no mention,it just said sorry to hear blah blah blah we are dealing with the complaint.

This letter the 24 June being sent after I had submitted a ppi form by post requesting my money back.

Has anyone else had this and whats my best course of action ?

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all todays successes.

Mark

Hi Mark

Are you saying you have already sent a letter to make a reclaim and now they are asking you to complete the reclaim questionnaire?
    If this is the case, yes all banks or most banks are asking for questionnaires to be completed now as a standard procedure.

I assume they will still look into your complaint you already sent them, but maybe it would be better to also complete this anyway, and make a note on it that you are requesting they go from the date on your previous letter.
    A pain I know, but I'm sure all will be ok.

Wishing you luck on your reclaiming.;)
  • ellmae
    ellmae Posts: 48 Forumite
    welcome finance are rubbish just write you letter after letter take weeks to ome and then they send u wrong thing
    Sorry moan now over
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Email away to Clydesdale Bank as no reply received yet and it's been more than their initial four weeks, we did expect to receive another letter delaying again, but alas so far nothing, so we'll see what the email brings and take it from there.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • di3004
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    Email away to Clydesdale Bank as no reply received yet and it's been more than their initial four weeks, we did expect to receive another letter delaying again, but alas so far nothing, so we'll see what the email brings and take it from there.

Hope the next email you will receive from them will be a more positive one. x;)
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hope the next email you will receive from them will be a more positive one. x;)
    Lets hope so Di, although I'm sure they'll be asking for more time which seems to be the norm.:(
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • di3004
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    Lets hope so Di, although I'm sure they'll be asking for more time which seems to be the norm.:(

I know the interest would come in handy, as it will all add up, but I know what you mean, sometimes we think it's not getting anywhere.
    It will happen...........eventually I know, but stay stong now, you will get there, I promise x:);)
  • Received an offer from my egg credit card on 22/6/11 which I posted about on here. Just been thinking about this interest business, premiums were £908.68; refund of interest at card rate (15.9% variable) £65.68; refund of interest at the rate of 8% £278.80. I did phone them to question the card interest & they said that they stopped all interest on all credit cards relating to PPI. I just took their word for it. Do you think there's any way I can get them to prove that they stopped the interest or has anybody else had this with a credit card??? Had card from march 2006 which is when they added PPI and discovered they stopped it themselves in November 2008, no acknowledgement of stopping it was received from egg. Also curious when it was first discovered re: mis-selling of PPI??? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to check if they are being honest with me, the refund I received still has not been deducted off my balance from 22nd June, I guess I need to email them re that??
  • ArferDaly
    ArferDaly Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Mark

Are you saying you have already sent a letter to make a reclaim and now they are asking you to complete the reclaim questionnaire?
    If this is the case, yes all banks or most banks are asking for questionnaires to be completed now as a standard procedure.

I assume they will still look into your complaint you already sent them, but maybe it would be better to also complete this anyway, and make a note on it that you are requesting they go from the date on your previous letter.
    A pain I know, but I'm sure all will be ok.

Wishing you luck on your reclaiming.;)

Hi.

No the original complaint was on the official ppi form,that was what they responded to on the 24th,so I am a bit surprised that they sent me another to fill in,that they supposedly say they never had.

Mark
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure