Bank Of Scotland Preference account PPI

2»

Comments

• stutray
    stutray Posts: 16 Forumite
    I took out a loan many years ago and ended up with the preference account as a by product.
    Thanksfully I have never used it.

I just wanted to know if this is still classed a mis-selling.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks folks.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    stutray wrote: »
    I took out a loan many years ago and ended up with the preference account as a by product.
    Thanksfully I have never used it.

I just wanted to know if this is still classed a mis-selling.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks folks.

If you have not used it then there is no complaint, the choice to use this was up to you, sorry.
  • amersall
    incorbin wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I used the preference account debit card after having received a loan from BOS. The problem i have,is that,I thought i'd be able to do a 0% transfer but as it's a DEBIT card I cant do that!. Is there any way of doing a 0% transfer from a debit card account? The interest is very high on this account. I just took out a Barclaycard credit card for the purpose and only have about 4 weeks now to do a transfer if possible.

Try posting here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    They can help you more with this.
  • Thanks. Will do
  • Any luck with BOS Preference cards with credit care gold? I tried to call and make a claim today but I was told Credit Care Gold was not PPI? Therefore they could not do anything? Surely it is the same thing?

I know this thread is a bit old now but I would love to hear how any of you got on if this pops up in your emails or anything.
  • amersall
    Get back in touch and ask them what this covers, ask for the terms.
  • I have a copy of the terms for most of the CreditCare Agreements here in hard copy. I will start a new thread as it is not fair to put my case in with someone elses thread.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a copy of the terms for most of the CreditCare Agreements here in hard copy. I will start a new thread as it is not fair to put my case in with someone elses thread.
    Unfortunately, as on your other thread, your insurance is not PPI. You can still complain it was mis-sold, but difficult to say you didn't need life insurance unless you are immortal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure