PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• Eeeeee :jI asked on Freecycle yesterday if anybody had one and someone replied straight away saying they'd collected one 18months ago from another user but hadn't got round to using it! Just picked it up - it's an A701A model that was apparently noisy but working. It needs a good clean before anything else and I'm looking for a manual online but first problem is I can't seem to get the arm to lift up. I'm pretty sure it's the silver button on the side that's meant to push in and release it but it's not budging - any ideas?

Sorry no idea :o try googling it? :o

Made a loaf tonight, its cooling atm, havent purchased bread since i got my chef! Love him! :D:D
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Just ordered the same model from currys - thankyou!

My kenwood died a few weeks back and I am slightly lost without it. I bought it for £21 about 5 years ago, and it was fairly ancient then. Was thinking about buying another second hand one, but lovely husband told me to get this one as it will get so much use.

I use my for bread making, cakes etc. Its the only machine that I use on a regular basis (apart from my equally ancient food processor which comes out to chop up nuts for nut roast - feel a need for a kenwood attachment coming on!) :rotfl:
  • Good to hear! :) I shall be mashing potato in it tonight! Haha am trying to try out as much as i can with it! Just love it! Another succesful loaf last night! :)

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Tody will be making bread rolls for tea tonight :) Made mash in it yesterday and everyone was impressed so thats a keeper! :)

• Hi does anyone know what the diference is between the kenwood chef and the prospero please? i am looking to buy one but would really like the ice cream maker atachment does anyone know if it will go on a prospero please?

Thank you
    Lisa x
  • Hi does anyone know what the diference is between the kenwood chef and the prospero please? i am looking to buy one but would really like the ice cream maker atachment does anyone know if it will go on a prospero please?

Thank you
    Lisa x

After a bit of googling the prospero does not have an icecream maker attachment and they have no plans to introduce one, the Chef has one available :) i would imagine the differance in machines is down to preferance, from what i can tell the prospero airs on size, compact machine compared to the chef :) Hope this helps a little :)

• Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm looking for a manual online but first problem is I can't seem to get the arm to lift up. I'm pretty sure it's the silver button on the side that's meant to push in and release it but it's not budging - any ideas?

The silver button should push in, it sometimes helps if you press down on top of mixer head at front while pressing button, as head is spring loaded.
    You can see the mechanism if you turn it upside down (unplugged), maybe it needs a drop of oil or the guide bar (curved bar with slot) is bent to one side.
    Hope that helps. ;)
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

• Rossy2692 wrote: »
    After a bit of googling the prospero does not have an icecream maker attachment and they have no plans to introduce one, the Chef has one available :) i would imagine the differance in machines is down to preferance, from what i can tell the prospero airs on size, compact machine compared to the chef :) Hope this helps a little :)

Thank you very much for that Hun think il get a chef it seems to have more attachments and I really want the ice cream one :-)

Thank u xx
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Rossy2692 wrote: »

You are such a bad influence!

I was happily looking on ebay for a used K series mixer, then I followed this link.

Happy to say I am now the proud owner of my very own, brand new bad boy!

I am squealing like the squealiest thing you ever heard :j:j:j
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure