FREE PUPILLARY DISTANCE RULER to use when buying your glasses on line. July 2010

Magenta
Magenta Posts: 2,129
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 23 August 2011 at 5:13PM in Freebies gone but not forgotten
July 13 2010.

Hi all,

To get a FREE PUPILLARY DISTANCE RULER .(PDR), worth £5.00,

Go to:

http://www.metsuki.com/index.html

You will see on the right hand side of the page a box of 4 'offers'. This one is in the bottom left hand box-GET A FREE PD RULER. Just click on it and fill in your details. You also get a guide on how to use this.

I f you are buying prescription glasses online you use this to measure the distance between the centres of your pupils to get an exact, correct measurement.

Apparently to stop people buying glasses online the High Street Opticians where you get you eyes tested are going to stop putting the PD measurement on prescriptions!!!!!:eek::(

(There is also a petition to sign)

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]
:smileyheaMagenta

Comments

• summertreats
    summertreats Posts: 1,568
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    september wins:khaled hosseini kindle case
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    They are also running a petition to force opticians to give you your PD with your prescription - would simplify things greatly!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • MrsB2100
    MrsB2100 Posts: 793
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This has been about the only thing to stop me from getting glasses online. No more, if this comes! Internet Opticians, here I come!
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2010 at 12:33PM
    MrsB2100 wrote: »
    This has been about the only thing to stop me from getting glasses online. No more, if this comes! Internet Opticians, here I come!
    I always just ask for it when they give me the prescription. Never had a problem or a refusal. I don't think it's supposed to change much anyway. Last time I was 62.5mm and this time it was 63mm. This year I was given a PD for distance which was different to the one for reading. (I only wear glasses for reading and have never been given a distance PD before). Waiting now for my new specs to arrive from HK.
  • tillytat
    tillytat Posts: 897 Forumite
    Great find, thanks.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,849
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    bcl999 wrote: »
    I always just ask for it when they give me the prescription. Never had a problem or a refusal. I don't think it's supposed to change much anyway. Last time I was 62.5mm and this time it was 63mm. This year I was given a PD for distance which was different to the one for reading. (I only wear glasses for reading and have never been given a distance PD before). Waiting now for my new specs to arrive from HK.

Same here, I have never had a problem getting my PD from the optician, I was told that they have to give it to you if you ask.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Boots will not give the PD even if you ask......the optician said "You can discuss it with the manager if you like"!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,849
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Boots will not give the PD even if you ask......the optician said "You can discuss it with the manager if you like"!

I would discuss it with the manager, it is information about you so you are entitled to it.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • KittyPryde
    KittyPryde Posts: 2,623 Forumite
    Recently bought my first glasses. Had the eye test done at Boots and noticed they didn't give me a PD. I asked what if I wanted to buy them from Boots online and she said just come back and buy them from this store instead lol.

I ended up buying mine at ASDA and when she measured my PD she said it out loud (61), although I noticed when the glasses came back the form said PD:62 ?

Do they round it up? Either way, I think they should give it to you without asking so I think a free ruler is a good idea, thanks OP.
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,129
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    roddydogs wrote: »

That has been my experience too, so when I get my ruler I'll be buying online. There are sites where the choice of frames are much better than on the High Street and as for the price, what a difference!!!!
    :smileyheaMagenta
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport