PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Get it all out

Comments

• robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    PMSL  :D :D :D160. Your scrimping knows no bounds. You could use the peelings as earings ala SMASH.

or even make 'hooch' alcohol out of them for christmas...... yeh hic hic ;D
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    PMSL  :D :D :D160. Your scrimping knows no bounds. You could use the peelings as earings ala SMASH.

:-[ do i come accross as tight??
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

:-[ do i come accross as tight??

No. Resourceful ;D

I had 15 moisturiser samples from the freebies board a few weeks ago, I cut them open and squeezed them into a small tupperware box. Then I opened them all up properly and scraped all the contents out with a knife, I was amazed how much was still in the sachets. It lasted ages ;D
    Bulletproof
  • franky
    franky Posts: 641 Forumite
    I always get 3 or 4 applications out of a one use sachet too :)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Me too, I'm sure most people use too much :-/
    Bulletproof
    Combo Breaker First Post
    on that front, i have shoulder length hair, but i only use about a 50p size blob of shampoo, or conditioner. always amazes me how much people use. my daughters hair is halfway down her back, but i only need twice this amount. as for my boys hair, i use about 1p size blob, as it is so short.
  • franky
    franky Posts: 641 Forumite
    You know that product you can buy that cleans all of the buildup out of your hair

well I use washing up liquid instead, just a small blob once a month, makes hair squeaking clean, and been doing it for years and no damage to hair at all :)
    Combo Breaker First Post
    another one, cardboard cartons of milk & juice with thoise plastic pourers on the lids. when you can't get anymore out, cut the top off, you will find there a surprising amount in there.

to make lipstick go further when you get to the end, scrape out what is left, mix with a little vaseline and seal in a container. will go on for ages, and moisturizes your lips while your at it.

all the crumby bits from weetabix left in bottom of box, freeze with breadcrumds for crunchy coatings. (this also works with powdery bit from cornflakes, bran flakes, etc, but nothing with sugar or syrup etc on).

i'll keep adding more as i come accross them, unless i'm boring everyone.
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I dilute our economy shower gel with the same volume of water and decant into an expensive shower gel bottle which whips the product into a mousse as it comes out. One bottle is lasting ages.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    whats the one that makes a moose?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills