13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Comments

• i never would have thought to look on the band around the wool! the balls i had were missing the bands!
    thats very helpful, thank you very much mrs-moneypenny
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Wow Zepsgal, that looks gorgeous - do you mind if I steal your idea :D

Sweetcarer - that looks lovely, I think the purples work really well.

Skoobie, that's amazing - had to look twice to see it wasn't the real thing!

Still ploughing on with my cross stitch but gradually picking up ideas for other projects now - if I ever finish this one that is. Might take a break and do something else in between.

Updated list then:
    1. Make cushion or toy from grandson's baby clothes
    2. Ditto from grandaughter's outgrown clothes
    3. Make candles in unusual but lovely holders for Christmas pressies
    4. Crochet a flower brooch for me (assuming I learn to crochet)
    5. Sew a very glamorous coat for daughter's chihuahua
    6. Complete cross stitch started in 2008 - in progress
    7. Make cushion cover for sister's Christmas present (dog motif or other dog related ideas)
    8. Customise window blinds
    9. Button picture/collage – heart shape with heart buttons
    10. Initial made out of buttons (thank you for the idea Zepsgal)
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Soulie - hope all goes well this week, will be thinking of you on Friday.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Arrggg it lost my post!!!!!!

Haven't posted on here for a while but havebeen keeping up with everyone's progress. Some lovely finishes, especially the button B and the xbox ring pillow.

Quick question - do you think I could add shorten curtains as a project? Sounds a bit weird but I desperately need motivation to shortend them, theyve been up 3 years with pins marking where they need shortening but that's as far as I've got. Having typed that its made me think maybe they should be cleaned and then shortened.

Off to work now.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • I would say add them Ailsb, if it gives you the motivation you need then go for it, sewing is a craft and if you want that to be one of the things you achieve this year it needs to be on your list.

i love the diversity of everyones lists
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Good morning, I haven't posted for a while but been following everyones progress and gorgeous projects. Lovely to see such beautiful finished pieces and hear about everyones lists. I am almost finished project number 2 - shawl for Aunty - will let you know when it's complete - have got a busy week back at work following half term.....
    Soulie - wishing you all the best for Friday, big hugs xxx
  • soulie can i add my good wishes that friday goes well for you
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Soulie
    Soulie Posts: 391 Forumite
    Thank you all for the good wishes for friday.
    Not as achy today but typical that I am having chemo just as I am getting rid of the achyness from the last lot lol
    Have bloods taken tomorrow, see doctor on thursday and chemo on friday assuming bloods are good. 3 flipping trips to the hospital, but I also see the Mac nurse tomorrow to fill out my grant form, as I can get up to £250 from them to help with travel costs, heating and clothing (I've lost loads of weight and none of my skirts fit me anymore lol).
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May
    Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read all Unread Books: 20 / 47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

• Soulie wrote: »
    Thank you all for the good wishes for friday.
    Not as achy today but typical that I am having chemo just as I am getting rid of the achyness from the last lot lol
    Have bloods taken tomorrow, see doctor on thursday and chemo on friday assuming bloods are good. 3 flipping trips to the hospital, but I also see the Mac nurse tomorrow to fill out my grant form, as I can get up to £250 from them to help with travel costs, heating and clothing (I've lost loads of weight and none of my skirts fit me anymore lol).

Soulie, I am in awe of how positive and upbeat you are - good luck this week with your tests and chemo - defo get those forms completed and enjoy your time with the Mac Nurse .... I hear they are wonderful people - here is a little :A to watch over you this week
    Seal pot challenge no 7- :) # 331 Saved £140 SPC - Target £30
    Grocery challenge - £100 a week
    Weekly Spend Challenge - £40 :)
  • Last minute project I will be starting tomorrow - superhero cape, crown and wrist guard - wish me luck - needs to be done by tomorrow evening :eek:
    Seal pot challenge no 7- :) # 331 Saved £140 SPC - Target £30
    Grocery challenge - £100 a week
    Weekly Spend Challenge - £40 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills