13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Comments

• well done verity, that looks fantastic!
    thats made me more eager to start my decopatch photoframes, but i dont have the stuff in to do them yet :(

theres some gorgous wreaths on there!
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
    1. sew myself a bag
    2. knit a knitting needles case for myself DONE
    3. knit a hat, scarf and wristwarmers for friend for xmas
    4. knit a hot water bottle cover for friend for xmas
    5. decopatch photo frames for friend for xmas and myself
    6. sew aprons for mum and stepdad
    7. make oven gloves for mum and stepdad
    8. decorate plague of wood with words 'the XXXXXX's believe' for mum and stepdad and also one for us. the X being our surnames.
    9. make 2 x tea advent calenders for mum and stepdad
    10. make some kind of christmas tree decorations for mum and stepdad
    11. sew a large christmas stocking for mum and stepdads gifts to go in.
    12. finish the christmas themed placemats i started last year and never got round to finishing!
    13. sew fabric advent calenders for my kids santa, fairy and penguin themed to match their stockings.
    wow quite a lot of plans when i see it written down!

was planning on getting to grips with my sewing machine today, however i just happened to pick up my knitting needles instead!
    i have successfully completed my case for my needles! it has taken me about 7 hours but for my 1st knitting project since i was 8, 20 years ago im quite proud of myself :T

my camera needs charging up, but i shall upload a photo once its ready!
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • Ladies, a very quick question if you don't mind........

I cannot knit to save my life, something to do with being a leftie I think and wondered if any of you had knitting machines. If any of you do, do you use them much and do you find them useful?
  • Hi moments sorry can't help re knitting machines :(

Almost finished another 2 of my 13, mums visiting on Tuesday and is going to help me finish them :)
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I do knit and crotchet and I have had a knitting machine. At the start I used it a lot but it annoyed me not being able to do rib on it. Eventually it sat in the cupboard.... and then after many years I gave it to a charity shop!

I'm not sure why you can't knit. You use both hands after all. Have you tried looking at the hand positions in a mirror, or watching someone knit and copying their movements from the front? With all kinds of craft skills such as knitting, crotchet, tatting, lace making it is always easier when you have someone on hand rather than a book! can you crotchet?
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Keiss_21
    Keiss_21 Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    Sorry I've not posted for ages here, I have been soo busy working full time the past four weeks...only one more week before my boss gets back. I love the job, but really need to get more time to do all my crafting things!! :)

I have managed to finish a few more bits on my list.

1: Pair of socks - started 26/12/12 finished 4/1/13 :)
    2: PVC peg bag - made 4/1/13 :)
    3: Woolly hat for DS (large size!!) finished 9/1/13 and one for me -
    finished 12/1/13:)
    4: Patchwork Bag - add handles and it's done!
    : Hand appliqued sewing case - finished 17/2/13 :)
    6: Book cover for travel diary - boss going on a cruise 29/1/13 - finished 28/1/13 :)
    7: Knitted fingerless gloves for a friend - finished 11/2/13, another pair for neice - 17/2/13 and yet another pair
    started for me! :)
    8: Appliqued and quilted cushion cover for DS2 - finished 22/2/13 :)
    9: Elegant Lady cross-stitch...long term UFO - started 2010 need to finish in 2013!!
    10:
    Quilted patchwork cushion cover for DS1
    11:
    Quilted patchwork cushion cover for DS1's GF
    12:
    13:

Blimey, is that 7 done already!!! I have a few more projects already partially made that I haven't included on my list, may think about adding them later. Think I want to add special ones to this list.

Have to head for bed, up too late again :eek:

Have a great week everyone, I will try and post some piccies later on in the week.

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 4 March 2013 at 11:09AM
    Here's my 2013 list - all cross-stitch related

UFO's
    1) Mothers Day Bookmark (small free kit)
    2) mouseloft cat and christmas tree (tiny - half done)
    3) mouseloft - fatal error (tiny - half done)
    4) poppy pincushion (quite small - kit)
    5) Humphry's Corner - fishing (kit - a handful of stitches done)
    6) Dinosaur ABC - 1 and a bit pages of 4 completed.

NEW
    7) Noahs Ark (16"x 20")
    8) Cut-thru: Toy Shop
    9) Dictionary of homesfinished 20/2
    8505611623_31d15d6aa2_n.jpg
    10) Christmas Angel
    11) Margaret Sherry "Easy as ABC"
    12) Lucie Heaton Snowglobes - 8 designs
    13) Twas the Night Before Christmas

Extras

14) sandy hook square girl
    15) sandy hook square boy 3/3/13
    8527886118_c44932b623_m.jpg

16) batman and robin capes

8402158936_dd8815d867_s.jpg8402159252_a45f601a6a_s.jpg

Although I SHOULD be completing a UFO first I'm going to do DO Homes first as my friend has been giving 2 months notice to move out

I have also agreed to stitch some designs for the Sandy Hook Quilt, I would have liked to do a lot but fear I just won't have time so gonna set a minimum of 2 - 1 boy + 1 girl.
    so technically that's 14 projects (is that allowed?)

I've started the first of the sandy hook squares as well.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • morning all

moments of sanity im a lefty as well - i can knit but i do look rather unorthodox doing it, i cant hold the right hand needle that sort of gets jammed into her thigh and i use that hand for passing the wool over. the finished result is fine so im happy. have a go and see if you can find a comfortable way of doing it.
    sorry cant help re knitting machines.

ive done a few more charity knitting bits over the last week but havent reached my total amount yet so no real update

love the decoupage cat
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    What I meant to say was re the knitting machine is probably an obvious comment!
    It really depends on how many garments/ items you would make........I hardly ever wear a jumper whereas a friend has a machine and she has knitted herself and OH countless jumpers (3 & 4 ply) and wears them all the time.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Thank you to everyone for their comments re knitting machines. Unfortunately I can't knit at all, my late Nan spent many an hour trying to teach me (we failed miserably) and my DD has also tried......she gave up telling me it's hopeless! :rotfl:

My tension is all wrong, I get the wool knotted etc.......I think I might have to stick with Xstitch and sewing! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure