Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • THENOX
    • 10th Oct 08, 3:22 PM
    • 10th Oct 08, 3:22 PM
    High!.;-)

4 the benefit of all e900 users I can confirm that the procedure posted by Rumman (pasted below) works. (phone 2 y old, I've been on o2 now on Voda -but it shouldn't make any difference).

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Rumman View Post
    People seemed to have missed this, it was posted on pg 111

ok well I have unlocked it myself wohooo

this is the instruction to unlock any samsung e900

1. Turn off your phone, put in a SIM of a provider that it is not
    locked to, and turn it back on.

2. At the invalid sim card screen, type *#9998*3323#.

i.e ( star/hash/9998/star/3323/hash )

A message will pop up telling you to press exit, Press exit.
    Choose malloc fail.
    Your phone will reboot and your SIM will work.

3. Type *0141# and then hit call.
    This will give you a message saying your phone is personalized.

4. Power down your phone and insert a SIM card other than the one that is in it.

Power back up your phone.

5. At the SIM code prompt type 00000000, (that is 8 zeroes.)
    Your phone should now be unlocked
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I've found a tiny problem though:

After doing this the music player mode cannot be left in the background (lets say to skip to the calendar) so I have to stop music for a set go out do my stuff and then go back again. -minor problem though as for 10 quid saved and DIY "challenge"

Now I'm wondering whether the same stuff will work 4 Samsung J700 -any ideas?

THX,

THE NOX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I still can't believe that half of people in UK live on less than the average wage!.;-)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,702Posts Today

6,701Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AndyM_2101: @MartinSLewis -tourists taking large amounts of cash to Greece - perhaps a reminder on Travel Insurance limits for money th?

• RT @GothboyUK: @MartinSLewis Exactly the same amount I'm due! How strange. ????

• Beware! Just got this text from CONMEN eazyclaims "£3856 IS STILL waiting in your name, for the accident you had! To get money" etc

• Follow Martin